blackburn

Feb 20, 2007
North East
:) Is there anyway I can change my log in name. It always seems so formal when I pop up in threads as "Blackburn".

Am I just being over fussy?:rolleyes:

Isabel

CraigC

Mar 21, 2003
London
Hi Isabel,

I stand to be corrected, but I'm pretty sure a user cannot change their login name, sorry. The unique user id is a feature of the vBulletin software we use for the forum.

There is nothing stopping you re-registering with your prefered name :cool:

Hope that helps more than a chocolate teapot.

Kind Regards
Craig

blackburn

Feb 20, 2007
North East
Hi Craig, I had a feeling that would be the answer. If I re-register, does that mean I will have 2 log in names and will my new one still take email alerts to the same email address as the old one?

Sorry to be a fuss pot!

Isabel:D

Tash

Jan 8, 2007
London, UK
Hi Isabel,

From what I remember about the administration system, you can't register with the same email address twice, so you would need to use a second email address for a new login name.

You can turn off your email alerts for your current username in the "Subscribed Threads" in your control panel. Let me know if you need any help with this.

If you don't have a second email address you can use, you can sign up for a free one at gmail.com or hotmail.com or lots of other online alternatives.

Tash

M

mickyinlondon

Good Morning Blackburn.

From what I know of forums; once your log-in name is used it can't be used again; this also, is the same for your e-mail address.

It goes like this; if you join again as say; Rovers,:) they will tell you that your e-mail is invalid, if you used the same e-mail address, they will tell you that the address is already in use etc.

So; to alter your log-in name to another name that has not been used; you will succeed if you use another new e-mail address with your new log-in name.

In my opinion; and I have some experience of running a forum; it should be possible; even on this forum; for it to be changed without all this; if the person or persons with admin access goes to the admin board section; and deletes your name and e/address etc; then there will be no trace of you in administration, and you can re-join as a new member.

You can get another e-mail address free; so that is the easiest way to go.

I suggest MU as a good log-in name..:) :) :) Micky.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

mickyinlondon

My Apologies Tash.

I posted at the same time.......Micky.

blackburn

Feb 20, 2007
North East
:) Thanks for the replies.

I think I'll just stay as "Blackburn" and put up with being addressed as "Dear Blackburn". After all, I took the name nearly 44 years ago, and it hasn't caused me any bother!:D

Isabel

Tash

Jan 8, 2007
London, UK
Thanks blackburn... aka Isabel ;)

And thanks for your help, Micky.

We don't like to delete accounts, as it would mean that sometime in the future, a different person could register the username 'blackburn'... which could cause confusion, or worse, could be used maliciously by someone pretending to be the former user. Not much chance of this happening of course, but I guess it's best to be careful.

Tash

M

mickyinlondon

Tash said:
Thanks blackburn... aka Isabel ;)

And thanks for your help, Micky.

We don't like to delete accounts, as it would mean that sometime in the future, a different person could register the username 'blackburn'... which could cause confusion, or worse, could be used maliciously by someone pretending to be the former user. Not much chance of this happening of course, but I guess it's best to be careful.

Tash

Good Morning Tash.

Yes it can be difficult running a forum; not all are what they seem; or say they are.

Time usually tells all. But you do need to keep your wits about you..:) :)

Have a real nice day; Tash.......Micky.

Áine

Feb 22, 2006
sort of north east ish
blackburn said:
I think I'll just stay as "Blackburn" and put up with being addressed as "Dear Blackburn". After all, I took the name nearly 44 years ago, and it hasn't caused me any bother!:D

Isabel

......... though as you can see already, people are calling you "Isobel" rather than "Dear Blackburn" :)

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Hi Isabel , My mother name is Isabel :) I had a user name on hear in 03 called Maggie forgot all about it & reg with Margarita , I had a new internet provider as I use to be with BT , then I went with AOL so I use AOL email .

I never posted on TP with Maggie , shame really would of been nice to have read my old post ,

you could put Isabel on your , can't remember the name for it , the thing I have at the bottom of this post , so its they for every on to see every time you post

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
HI Isabel,

I think Margarita means you can edit your profile and have Isabel permanently as your signature.

Although I have Grannie G as my user name., my signature is Sylvia and most people use it now.

fearful fiona

Apr 19, 2007
London
Yes, I regretted my name choice. Realised that Fearful Fiona sounded like some old duck in tweeds and lace up shoes, so changed my signature to something which I hope sounds a bit more exotic. It works. Everyone calls me Fifi now, hooray!!

Lila13

Feb 24, 2006
I keep remembering bits of an old song "Maggie now is Marguerite ..." (one of the music hall songs my mother's grannie used to sing to her, annoying some of the other old ducks in the family)

blackburn

Feb 20, 2007
North East
Thanks for these extra replies. I usually do remember to sign off with my name "Isabel". I think if I was one of the regular posters everyone would get used to my name!!!! I don't post often, but I read regularly.

Isabel

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
f I was one of the regular posters everyone would get used to my name!!!! I don't post often, but I read regularly.

Yes I found that as I post regularly now , I don't mind being called my birth Name Margaret , My mother call me margarita I have only ever use that user name on the internet with TP , other places I have log in I am know as Maggie , when younger I did not like the Name Margaret , my father gave me that name , Now his pass away I am using it more because , he went alone and name me at the register office alone (back then in Gibraltar you could do that ) & name me , even thought my mother & the rest of the family wanted to name me Lorena after my mother sister .

So he must of been so proud of me being born , while I thought it was just an old fashion name , strange what in a name , the meaning of giving a child a name , my father was just to patriotic

My older son call me mummy
while I let my 3 daughter call me Margaret from a very young age , So now they don't call me mummy , they just call me Margaret . yes I have had many a comment in why I let that happen , Just blame that rebellious side of me , but the years have mellow me out

Maggie now is Marguerite

that song must of been made for me lila

Last edited:

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
PS ,

yes I do go on

I also like to post regular , because since the last 10 year I have been on the net , I have never found a forum that I could feel safe on such as TP with good moderator , looking after your back on the net (TP) if you get my point .

Forum that I have been to with out moderator , just don't apply to me anymore, I've seen the different as in with TP , so I choose to stay on TP more

Last edited:

youngest_son

Oct 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Is it not possible to make the change directly in the database, this way only the username field will be amended, all other details will remain the same?

I know it's possible in some pieces of software but not all.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JanetR