Locking Cooker Valves

SophieD

Mar 21, 2018
London
Hi everyone!

One of Alzheimer's Society's partners, Cadent, have a free Locking Cooker Valve (LCV) service that could be of benefit to some of you living in England and Wales.

What is it?

The locking cooker valve is a safety device that allows a carer or family member to easily control when gas can and cannot be used safely once fitted. The aim is to help vulnerable people retain their independence while keeping them safe at home.

Benefits

When the valve is locked, the gas cooker can’t be unintentionally turned on or left on. The persons’ carer can easily turn the valve off and on, enabling the gas cooker to be used with supervision.

Who is it for?

When you care for someone living with dementia, it can often help to have extra measures in place to provide that extra peace of mind.

How do I get one?

Cadent can fit a lockable safety device to the existing gas cooker pipework, free of charge. This service is provided regardless of your gas supplier. You don’t need to change energy supplier or inform your supplier of the device.

Apply for a free locking cooker valve and find further information here:
https://cadentgas.com/help-advice/supporting-our-customers/locking-cooker-valves

Lynmax

Nov 1, 2016
I can endorse this service from Cadent. The engineer who fitted the device to mums cooker was brilliant and played along with my story that the cooker needed it's annual service to explain why her was in the kitchen. From my first phone call to installation we had no problems and as you point out, there is no charge

Hayley JS

Feb 20, 2020
Wish that had been around a few years ago, I had to take all the oven knobs off and hide them everytime I went out ?