Locked pill containers

Linbrusco

Mar 4, 2013
Auckland...... New Zealand
I have searched TP, but so many posts to go through.:)
I have also googled and they either don't do what I want or too expensive or I can't order from overseas.

I am looking for an easy to use/understand locked pill container that holds 7 days tablets Morning/Afternoon/Night.
It has to be tamper and spill proof, and opens the container at the relevant day and time only.

It was bad enough that Mum would open and close the compartments on her pill container, and occasionally drop the lot, but now I have Dad trying to sort out Mums tablets when she does, who hasn't got the foggiest. I know he's trying to help :eek:

If anyone can post a link, or name of a particular type of what has worked in your case?

many thanks

CJinUSA

Jan 20, 2014
eastern USA
I have searched TP, but so many posts to go through.:)
I have also googled and they either don't do what I want or too expensive or I can't order from overseas.

I am looking for an easy to use/understand locked pill container that holds 7 days tablets Morning/Afternoon/Night.
It has to be tamper and spill proof, and opens the container at the relevant day and time only.

It was bad enough that Mum would open and close the compartments on her pill container, and occasionally drop the lot, but now I have Dad trying to sort out Mums tablets when she does, who hasn't got the foggiest. I know he's trying to help :eek:

If anyone can post a link, or name of a particular type of what has worked in your case?

many thanks

Do a google search using keywords "pill dispenser" and "locked pill dispenser." You'll likely come up with suppliers in your area. There *have* been many threads about pills. Good luck!

Ann Mac

Oct 17, 2013
Lin, this is the one that Mil used for a while - it can dispense up to four times a day, with the relevant container opening at the time you set, and sounding an alarm to remind. Mil took meds twice a day, so we would fill it up fortnightly.

Its expensive, at nearly £70, but we were able to get it through the memory clinic - so worth asking there, or through a Social Worker/CPN if your Mum has one.

It worked for us, for a while, but eventually we found Mil would take the pills out, put them to one side to 'take later' - and forget - however if your Dad is there, maybe he can supervise and solve that issue :)

http://www.alzproducts.co.uk/automatic-pill-dispenser.html?gclid=CMjTy7vvk8MCFWKWtAodQTkARQ

HTH

Last edited:

Linbrusco

Mar 4, 2013
Auckland...... New Zealand
Thanks all.
New Zealand websites seem to source these types of medication dispensers from overseas. So many to choose from though.

Unfortunately as Dad has cognitive impairment he cannot even use blister packs, taking them in any random order. We never knew what day he was up to or had taken.
I do his medication also, and check every other day.
Mum is the one that opens and closes all her pill container compartments, and she would not stand for Dad supervising but has no issue with me doing the same :)

Anne Mac that is what I was looking at. Mums meds at night are the more important ones, so I go over every night to make sure she takes them when I'm there.