Lockdown anniversary.

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
12 months ago today the PM announced our 1st lockdown but earlier that day Pauline phoned me from hospital to say they were stopping visitors. When I phoned the ward they confirmed this and told me that along with others Pauline was being transferred to a care home as no care package available for her. I immediately objected and asked could I bring her home and half an hour later the ward phoned back and said yes, but no care package. I will never forget arriving at the ward and parking my car alongside a fleet of minibus ‘ambulances’ and all the elderly being placed therin to be sent who knows where and alongside three nurses with Pauline just waiting for me. To be honest there have been moments during the past 12 months when I had some regrets but all in all it was one of the best, and possibly lifesaving, decisions I have made regarding her care.

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
Good decision @Agzy. This was not the year to go into care. Having said that, I would also suggest that the fright the care homes got from the numbers who died has made them ultra cautious now.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
lock down began on my husbands birthday and today is the second birthday in lock down. he has been shielding most of the year. i hope we can go forward with no more lock downs and the families can be reunited once more.its been a hard year

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
It`s my wedding anniversary today so a sad coincidence.

I`m remembering rather than celebrating and will think of the thousands who have died and their families who are grieving.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nana8455