Lockdown 2 - how will Mum cope without her sisters visiting?

DeBlonde

Jan 23, 2019
Hi there,

Two of Mum's sisters visit her during the week. One on Friday and the other on Wednesday. The guidance says:-

People will be told to stay at home except for education, work (if it cant be done at home), exercise and recreation,
medical reasons, shopping for food and other essentials, or to care for others.

Without their visits she really struggles. She will have carers that call three times a day to give meds, cook her lunch
do any shopping.

What should I tell my aunts, who have asked if they should still visit?

Thanks x

MartinWL

Jun 12, 2020
London
Carers can carry on visiting if it is reasonably necessary and to give care or assistance. That's the law if approved by MPs tomorrow. So if your aunts are going there to provide help, and not just a social call, they can carry on. Any kind of help should be sufficient, maybe cooking, laundry, cleaning, it isn't clear where to draw the line but if your aunts are doing anything practical they should be fine.

Wildflowerlady

Sep 30, 2019
Hi @DeBlonde
I also made a very similar enquiry on here myself and have decided that I will continue to visit my dad despite the fact he does have four carer visits per day. I do take dad his shopping usually more than once a week so its fresh like his trifle. My dad is likely to have to go into care as carers are struggling and have given notice to cease going in three weeks from now. I certainly don't want to miss the opportunity to visit him whilst I can as don't know when I would see him again and advice is that if providing some form of care or assistance its fine to visit him.