Local Authorities Trying To Bankrupt your Elderly Relative?

Discussion in 'ARCHIVE FORUM: Support discussions' started by janishere, Apr 14, 2007.

1. janishere

janishere Guest

Local Authorities Bankrupting Your Elderly Relatives

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Skye

Skye Registered User

Aug 29, 2006
    SW Scotland
    Why do you feel the need to post this twice?

3. janishere

janishere Guest

Readers of this forum have the right even if you don't agree with it

I felt it deserved a new thread Skye - have you noticed how many people were reading the EPA thread - a large number of people - so while you may not be interested, a lot of other people are and they deserve the chance to find out about important legal matters, don't you agree?

4. janishere

janishere Guest

Another point ...

Mmm Skye I see you are from Scotland, so no wonder you are not bothered by this issue as care for AD sufferers is free in your country, but not in England

5. Skye

Skye Registered User

Aug 29, 2006
    SW Scotland
    #5 Skye, Apr 14, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2007
    Utter nonsense, janishere. I am the elderly relative, and when the time comes, I will pay for my husband's care from our joint resources.

But you have now confirmed our suspicions that your interest is political, rather than a concern for people with Alzheimer's and their carers.

Is it my turn now to be the butt of your attack?

6. chip

chip Registered User

Jul 19, 2005
    Scotland
    Care is not free in Scotland. Care is expensive. Local Government charge for care and will take all. Over 65's get free personal care but have to pay the rest. If you are younger you have to pay.

7. Grannie G

Grannie G Volunteer Moderator

Apr 3, 2006
    Kent
    Janis

I believe you are making a niusance of yourself and your only contribution to this thread is an intention to stir.

If you have such an important message to impart, may I suggest you do it in a less aggressive manner. Instead of members getting behind you, you are shooting yourself in the foot, as they are generating their anger towards you, rather than towards your campaign.

8. jenniferpa

jenniferpa Volunteer Moderator

Jun 27, 2006
    And please lets not confuse number of views with number of members. Each time someone views a thread it "counts" yet many of those will be duplicates.

Note: if you start attacking Hazel and Sylvia, who are unfailing supportive of others, your message will be completely lost (if in fact you have one).