Lloyds Pharmacy Unforgettable range

PompeyNev

Oct 31, 2017
Hello.

My father was diagnosed with mild Alzheimer's a couple of years ago, and his condition is currently by no means severe, although troubling and stressful for my mother in particular.

I have just come across a range of products sold by the Lloyds Pharmacy chain, under the branding Unforgettable, and I was wondering whether anyone had used any of them (or similar).

I would be interested to know people's views on what has and hasn't helped and whether there is a better (or better-value?) range elsewhere?

The range includes a calendar/clock, which I had been looking for for some time, a sleep-soothing machine and rather expensive GPS tracker.

I'd be grateful for any comments/advice.
Thank you.

Blue Monday

Aug 24, 2017
Hello.

My father was diagnosed with mild Alzheimer's a couple of years ago, and his condition is currently by no means severe, although troubling and stressful for my mother in particular.

I have just come across a range of products sold by the Lloyds Pharmacy chain, under the branding Unforgettable, and I was wondering whether anyone had used any of them (or similar).

I would be interested to know people's views on what has and hasn't helped and whether there is a better (or better-value?) range elsewhere?

The range includes a calendar/clock, which I had been looking for for some time, a sleep-soothing machine and rather expensive GPS tracker.

Thank you.
With regard to your "rather expensive GPS tracker" does your local authority not offer something along these lines. There is provision up here for, at least on a trial basis, for our local authority to provide trackers free of charge. Bit of advice - don't tell the wearer that it is a "tracker." Great devices, you can set an "exclusion zone", track movement and set up alerts. I know Amazon sell these devices from about £87.

Last edited by a moderator:

icu2

Oct 1, 2017
In North Ayrshire I was offered a buddy tracker free from social work. Just ask, it can only be yes or no

fortune

Sep 12, 2014
I bought two clocks for mum. One is set to show time, day and date while the other (in the bedroom) shows eg "Now it's Monday afternoon" etc. Although a bit pricey they've been incredibly helpful for mum to keep track. I also have a whiteboard with messages about what is happening as well. Between the clocks and the board it has really made a difference. Mum's more confident that she knows what is going on basically.

PompeyNev

Oct 31, 2017
My family have at last agreed it is time to get a tracker for my father. He still goes out occasionally on his own - it's a precious freedom for him.

Am liaising with local health professionals, but would be interested in the views of people here on, given the choice, which type of tracker works best.

My mother doesn't believe my father would wear something around his neck, and I can't imagine he'd remember to clip on a device every time he goes out, so a watch seems the best bet.

Are some more effective? Is one with a fall-detection facility worthwhile (my Dad's still relatively OK on his feet, but a fall could come any time)?

Are they easy to monitor (my Mum has an iPhone but hates technology)?

Are more expensive ones more reliable?

Any observations/advice for ensuring he wears it are welcome. Thank you.

Hello.

Thank you.

Sirena

Feb 27, 2018
My mother's LA provided a tracker free of charge for her. There were various options and we wanted the bracelet but it was not available so she had the clip on version.

However she just took it off as soon as the carers left so it was not much use. The problem is that anything 'new' can get treated as a foreign object, even if he's used to wearing a watch he may not like the 'new' one. Whichever type you choose, it's unlikely he will reliably wear it with no prompting so someone will need to check. Also I believe most trackers need the battery to be charged every day, so your mother would need to ensure that's done. I'm sure someonelse will be able to help with your other questions.

PompeyNev

Oct 31, 2017
That's really helpful. Thank you.
Yes, we realise that he might well reject it or forget to put it on, but we're trying to weigh up whether it's worth a try.
Unfortunately, our local authority does not provide them, so it's a question of whether we take the gamble and pay out.
This feedback will certainly help us come to a decision.
Thanks again.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lindsay A