Liz

Libby2

Oct 27, 2014
I am having awful problems with DVLA since we informed the DVLA over a year ago about my husbands short term memory problem (only problem at present) he has to renew his licence annually. They have now had it for two months and having spoken to them and the chased my doctor to find out that he had no request for a report. They then tell me it can take up two weeks in the post for it to get to my doctor.

So I guess it has just sat there!! My main concern is that on the 11/11 his licence will expire and am worried about the insurance implications of driving. He is more than capable of driving and the Consultant and the GP agree. Is there ANYTHING that can be done to "hurry them up" as I think it is disgraceful the time it is taking and I honestly wish we had not advised so soon.

Surely in these days computing a request could be E Mailed to the GP or is that just too simple!!

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
You can still drive up to 2 month while they are dealing with the paperwork .they told us over the phone as we have same problem as you OH license runs out on the 31 Oct

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jliesman