Living with a mother with dementia

grant050163

Apr 4, 2020
Morning all
My mother 2 years into dementia, have good days and bad ones , it’s certainly got worse over last 3 months, with Coronavirus and been self employed I am doing all her jobs , we do still have carers for washing mother, it’s hard at times because she calls me every family name but not mine , we still have a laugh , keep strong and safe .
Grant

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Welcome to the forums, @grant050163. Good to know you have carers in to help with personal washing, that makes a difference, and you can still have a laugh. My granny used to introduce me as her brother, but at least it was still family.
Anyway, you will find advice and support here, so keep going and stay strong and safe yourself.

wonderfulmum

Aug 20, 2015
Morning all
My mother 2 years into dementia, have good days and bad ones , it’s certainly got worse over last 3 months, with Coronavirus and been self employed I am doing all her jobs , we do still have carers for washing mother, it’s hard at times because she calls me every family name but not mine , we still have a laugh , keep strong and safe .
Grant
Hi Grant, I too live with my mum who has Vascular Dementia and yes this Virus and the lockdown is making life so difficult. One day at a time that's all we can do.