Living in Spain - terrible day

acacia

Jan 15, 2013
This morning my lovely man had problems breathing called our local fast team and they said after giving him some treatment I should take him to the medical centre they gave him oxygen and an intravenous. but decided he needed to go to the hospital by ambulance when we got there he was admitted to the observation ward unfortunately no one spoke english we did get a translator who told us he would be kept in I could not stay until he was on a ward. He was totally disorintated when I told him I couldn't stay with him I was so upset as I felt I had abandoned him. Tomorrow I am going back hopefully he has been o.k. I know he is getting the best treatment but with no one speaking english he cannot be reassured I havent just left him. Thank god we have such good friends and a good community that care. Will let you know how he is tomorrow. Acacia

Meercat

Aug 13, 2010
That must have been really hard to leave him, Acacia, but as you say he's in the right place. Hopefully he'll sleep and will be pleased to see you tomorrow. Were you able to relay to the medical team that he has memory difficulties?

Perhaps you could take a photo of yourself in, so he can have it on his bedside when you're not there

Best wishes
Meercat

Varandas

Sep 2, 2013
Hampshire England
I am sorry to know that your partner had a bad day and is now in hospital.
It is so hard when we have to leave our loved one in a 'strange' place however try to be positive and some of the young staff will try one word or two in English language just to reassure your partner.
He will be well looked after and very soon it will be morning and you can visit him again.
For sure he will be happy to see you tomorrow.
Courage and try to have a good night sleep.

acacia

Jan 15, 2013
Living in spain

Thank you so much. Such a good idea taking in a photo. I will do that. Thanks.

acacia

Jan 15, 2013
Living in Spain

O.H. on the observation unit which you can only visit for half an hour every four hours. He is really disorintated and begging me to take him home. Dr. has told me he has Thrombosis of the lungs. Tomorrow is is being moved to a ward and I can stay with him 24hrs. So will be up early to make the journey can't wait to be by his side he was just so upset, he told me he had been really rude to one of the nurses and wanted to apologise when I spoke to the interpretor she relayed it to the nurses who were on duty and they all smiled and said it wasn't a problem, the nurses are so lovely. Hoping he will be o.k. once I arrive. Here in SpAIN they expect the family to take over the cleaning, feeding of the patients which I am only to happy to do as the medical care is great. Acacia.

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackiejan