Live In Carers

Learner

Oct 6, 2011
Hi All,

Could someone direct me to a link or list of live - in carer agencies within London Uk.
Just looking at options for my mum and need to see if I can find something that we can afford, but also that is good quality.

Many Thanks

balloo

Sep 21, 2013
northamptonshire
Hi All,

Could someone direct me to a link or list of live - in carer agencies within London Uk.
Just looking at options for my mum and need to see if I can find something that we can afford, but also that is good quality.

Many Thanks

no idea of live in careres but I know if we go over our 3 X 3 hrs with age uk it is £20/ hr . although its a lot they are very good . although I thought you might be able to use your 9 hrs in one go but no you use 3 of them and pay the rest. even if you don't book any more any more I same month.

underwood

Oct 9, 2015
Nottingham
Hi All,

Many Thanks

Hi Learner
We were looking into this and found that there are a lot of retired nurses with dementia experience, who take on live in work. It is much cheaper going directly than through an agency.
We found that the Lady magazine (now online) has lots of adverts for ex nurses seeking live in positions. As near as we could see permanent live in cost about £k18 - £K22 But don't quote me on that, as there appear to be more looking in the London area, as such competition may bring the cost down.
Hope this proves of some use.