Live alone?

Jaffy

Oct 24, 2013
Ohio USA
Love to know how to live alone with Parkinson's and dementia. Doctor (my dau. suggested it to him) thinks hubby and i should separate! With both of us with the same things, we don't get along too well. So have been trying to figure it all out; financially UGH! and how to support him emotionally. Doc said "Think of yourself not him!" How after 47 years? But I CAN NOT go on - I AM through! REALLY! But what about him? No one wants him and he doesn't like to be alone. I could live in a cave alone! Know of any where I could move? How do you do it or do you?

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
Love to know how to live alone with Parkinson's and dementia. Doctor (my dau. suggested it to him) thinks hubby and i should separate! With both of us with the same things, we don't get along too well. So have been trying to figure it all out; financially UGH! and how to support him emotionally. Doc said "Think of yourself not him!" How after 47 years? But I CAN NOT go on - I AM through! REALLY! But what about him? No one wants him and he doesn't like to be alone. I could live in a cave alone! Know of any where I could move? How do you do it or do you?

Hi Jaffy

I live alone and know that I could NOT live with anyone if I want to retain any sense of my own being. Don't have a husband to worry about but I do care for my friend who has dementia I could NOT live with her. Having space does mean that I can try and give better time to her when and if I have it so maybe things will get better for your husband too if you separated homes. Is residential care a possibility for him? or could he get more support at home? I know you are in US not sure how things work there. Any chance the house could be divided, altered for you both? or would that still be too close?

Just some thoughts
Love
Sue:)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jprollet