1. Expert Q&A: Protecting a person with dementia from financial abuse - Weds 26 June, 3:30-4:30 pm

Financial abuse can have serious consequences for a person with dementia. Find out how to protect a person with dementia from financial abuse.

Sam, our Knowledge Officer (Legal and Welfare Rights) is our expert on this topic. She will be here to answer your questions on Wednesday 26 June between 3:30 - 4:30 pm.

You can either post questions >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll answer as many as we can on the day.

1. Lonestray

Lonestray Registered User

Aug 3, 2006
    Hereford
    It has just occured to me that Alzheimer's suffers can see the little things a lot of us miss. How often I've heard a carer say: "I've lost a loved one and I miss them so very much." Whenever some one tells me they have lost Mom, Dad or Grand parents: I tell them to look in the mirror, he or she is with you, is part of you. Alz suffers can see it clearly as they 'mistake' a son or daughter for their husband, wife, Mom or Dad. Should my wife depart before me I will see her in the best gift she left me :Our children. Make sense? God bless Padraig

2. Brucie

Brucie Registered User

Jan 31, 2004
    near London
    Padraig, you haven't posted anything here yet that has not made absolute sense, and that has helped others.

Thanks!