LIst

opaline

Nov 13, 2014
Does anyone have a comprehensive list of who has to be informed in the event of a death? It hasn't happened yet but concerned that I may overlook someone, x

Maggie42

Mar 7, 2011
East Midlands
Hi,
In the event of a death a funeral director will probably give you a booklet with lists in and helpfully when you register the death you can opt into " Tell us Once" which automatically notifies several Gov. depts. and the local authority. This is what happened when my dad died recently. There are also several lists on the internet.
I hope this helps and that you won't be needing the info any time soon.
Take care.
Maggie

Suzanna1969

Mar 28, 2015
Essex
Does anyone have a comprehensive list of who has to be informed in the event of a death? It hasn't happened yet but concerned that I may overlook someone, x

You might find this helpful Opaline: https://www.gov.uk/after-a-death/overview

My Dad has a list of people he wants us to call regarding the funeral. Sadly it has diminished drastically in the last few years. Dad reckons we could hold their funerals in a phone box now.

opaline

Nov 13, 2014
Many thanks, I know the obvious ones such as banks, etc it's just less obvious ones such as bus pass, etc, don't want a new bus pass coming through the door next year, xx

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
Freedom passes expire after a number of years so need to be applied for again, they won't just automatically get renewed.

opaline

Nov 13, 2014
Her last one just came through the door, Beate, maybe cos we are in sunny Scotland, where it's bucketing with rain and blowing a gale on the 3rd May, lol, xx

patsy56

Jan 14, 2015
Fife Scotland
Her last one just came through the door, Beate, maybe cos we are in sunny Scotland, where it's bucketing with rain and blowing a gale on the 3rd May, lol, xx

tell me about it my sun lounge roof leaking and had to put oil fire on again.......but I digress. When dad died I did the easy bits the lawyer did the big bits and there had to be the official death certificate not the copy you get

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Typical, you Scots have to do everything differently, even the weather! :)

:rolleyes:Thisnwas a brilliant day to discover that one of the bedroom windows isn't fitting properly. The window ledge was sailing in water. The rain and wind are too bad to let me open the window to try to find out what's wrong.

Opaline my National Entitlement Card (bus pass!) expires in Dec 16. I think I will need to apply for renewal but I think they send out a reminder.

patsy56

Jan 14, 2015
Fife Scotland
quote <This was a brilliant day to discover that one of the bedroom windows isn't fitting properly. The window ledge was sailing in water. The rain and wind are too bad to let me open the window to try to find out what's wrong. >
hey issy your the east coast like me, so must have hit us both the Tay and Forth

opaline

Nov 13, 2014
Weather warning for the east coast (Scotland) on Tuesday, folks! Glad I'm inland, xx

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Weather warning for the east coast (Scotland) on Tuesday, folks! Glad I'm inland, xx

Oh dear! We're certainly on the east coast! Can see the Tay/North sea from bedroom window. That would be the window that's not closing properly! I've got Monday to fix it!:rolleyes:

opaline

Nov 13, 2014
Izzy, you had better batten down your hatches! Beate, we were de-icing our car windscreen last week! x

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Got the window more or less properly shut before we came to bed. Need to look out the wellies for Tuesday eh?

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point mobile app