Lionel's Diary, by Connie

rummy

Jul 15, 2005
Oklahoma,USA
Like American football, sometimes you have to drop back and punt. You did the right thing. There is nothing more telling than your own gut feelings and it will all work out like it is supposed to.

Take care Connie,
Hugs, Debbie

May

Oct 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Connie
Thinking of you and sending hugs, what a dilema for you. Hope it settles now you have Lionel home and that you get the support you need. Take care.

Michael E

Apr 14, 2005
Ronda Spain
Connie hi,

so sorry it did not work out... you can't win them all and generally the gut instinct is as good as anything. I thought you were very brave to try and Lionel sounds quite a guy who must love you a lot... But that does not mean you should not try again.. Bit like kids leaving home. sort of happens gradually so this was maybe a rehearsal? Next time you will know more of all the causes and effects.. It is so difficult to anticipate every emotion but the learning curve is steep but it does prepare us for the next time....
Was really feeling for you and am now really feeling and thinking of you

love
Michael

janew

Mar 28, 2005
Dear Connie,

I am so sorry for you and Lionel that it has not worked out for you both but for the time being at least you have him home. I do hope you manage to get a care package to suit you both and will be thinking about you. I have always come to the conclusion that there is a reason for everything - and in the future I am sure you'll look back and hopefully it will all fit into place.

Take Care of yourself

Love Janew

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Lionel's quality of time is NOW

Hi Connie
Lionel's quality of time is NOW and so is yours!
I hope a care package works out for the time being until the next phase. Try a touch of memory loss yourself and put the past two weeks behind you.
You definitely have done the right thing. Hope you are ok - take care of yourself through all this. Best wishes BeckyJan

Sheila

Oct 23, 2003
West Sussex
Dear Connie, how sad I was to hear how things had turned out at the home for Lionel. In your post you mention that the respite homes had said they would take him anytime, could you approach them and see whether any had a vacancy rather than the home you are not happy with? It must be a nightmare time for you, wish I could help in some way. Sending you a big hug and Lionel too. Love She. XX

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Connie

Hope you don’t mind me reopening this posting, but was just browsing past posting & came across this one .

Connie I read this

seboric dermatitis of the scalp

I was wondering what was this?, as mum seem to have a red rash on her hair line along her ear running up her along her forehead