Lionel - today.

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Lionel has, in his opinion, had a good week. He does not remember the two nasty falls he had last weekend. I feel he must have bounced off every surface in his bathroom, as he is covered in bruises and grazes.
He will not let me dress and undress him, only in extreme cases.

But where does that leave me. Unhappy, and frustrated. Not always, but sometimes, I see the problems arising, but are unable to prevent them.............So now I have taken the the door off Lionels bathroom, (it was a glass panelled door) He promised the CPN that he would let me call the paramadics if he fell again, but too no avail. He forgot between the first and second falls.

He goes to a day ecntre two days a week, I am so lucky. However this week it was the A.S. society A.G.M. (and I am the local treasuare) on Tuesday, and today a nearby A.S. had a meeting about Direct Payments - (I drive so I was able to take a couple of people to the meeting), hence - NO TIME TO MYSELF THIS WEEK

I just feel so shattered. I seem to spend all my time taking care that Lionel has the best deal. Where do I figure in all this. Sorry to ramble, but you can never put into words quite what a week it has been. Thanks for listening, Connie.

Norman

Oct 9, 2003
Birmingham Hades
Connie
I understand every word that you say.I have never worked and worried so much in all my life,that is the part that I have already had.
I get 6 hours freetime in one week and what I get in this PC room until late.
Life is a bitch.
Warm wishes
Norman

Half-pint

May 10, 2005
Placer County
Dear Connie,
Ask for help. You need some time to yourself. Just reach out to friends or family. If you ask them, they might say yes. Mom asked us and my sister took care of Dad today and I have him one day next week. It gives Mom time to do things she used to do with her friends, and gets her out of the caregiver state for her own respite. She usually only has her time when Dad is at the center for a few hours a few days a week. We don't usually do this but it is important. Hopefully you have someone to ask.
Best wishes

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Dear Norm and Halfpint, thanks for the comforting words. Not too bad now, except the 'physio' came today, put Lionel through his paces, and said he is doing really well. I asked her if she would like to move in, and observe him 24/7, as he responded so well to her. Its the same old story, isn't it.

As for family help, my sons usually come to see us and bring the grandchildren, so I would not like to give up that time. Lionels children abandoned him over four years ago. Recently his daughter has come back into his life. One 2 hour visit in Feb. another 2 hour visit when he was in respite, but she is coming for lunch on Wednesday. (I shall have to cook for her and her husband, whilst they play 'happy families') Still, if it keeps Lionel happy, thats all that matters.

Thanks for listening, Connie

MrsP

Mar 19, 2005
I really feel for you with your last posting. I myself am a physio, and I can't count the number of times family members and nurses have said "well they won't do that for me". It's just sod's law most of the time that we come at just the right (or wrong) time.

I wish that I caould say something else to make you feel a bit better. It must be awful for you having to watch the 'happy family' senario. But really they should be running around after you, and giving you a rest. But I suppose that's easy for me to say, I'm 250 miles away from my poor Dad and know that I don't have to deal with the everyday pressures.

Thinking of you, Kate :)