Lionel is now 65

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Haven't posted much recently, as life is very fraught and I am very tired...........
however we did have a lovely weekend as it was Lionels 65th birthday.

I had promised him a party, and even though I had to have the paramedics out in the middle of the night, and he was"completely out of things" all morning, his party went ahead as planned.

He had a really lovely time, rallied well, and with the help of his carer all day we managed.

Hopefully I have attached a picture of Lionel with his cake.

Attachments

• Lionel birthday.JPG
    Lionel birthday.JPG
    76.8 KB · Views: 627

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
I love the cake Connie. Pleased that the party went well.
Take care. Love Helen

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Well done, Connie! Lovely piccie!!! Wonderful cake!!!!

So sorry things are as they are for you just now....

Take care of yourself! Love Karen (TF), x

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Well done Connie. Glad the party went well but sorry you are so exhausted. It`s emotional exhaustion as well as the physical, isn`t it.

I`m always struck by your demeanour when you post messages and hope I will be half as stong as you when my time comes.

Meanwhile I view each day that passes peacefully as a bonus.

Kindest regards Grannie G

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
So pleased you posted the picture, Connie. Lovely cake!!!

Take care of yourselves, you are both very special people!

XXX

mel

Apr 30, 2006
Sheffield
Hi Connie
Lovely photo....I'm glad the day went well....sorry to hear you're so tired at the moment...
Take care
Love and hugs xx

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Update on the cake

The picture on the cake was drawn originally by one of the artists on the BEANO, Lionel worked in Fleet Street until he was forced to retire.

We have the original in the hall at home, and I had it copied for his cake, as I knew it was significant to him.

Regards to all,

bel

Apr 26, 2006
coventry
well done with cake it was lovely

Dear Connie what a wonderful thought with cake feel for you bless you you would be tired i know i am any one would be the photo was lovely sending lots of love
Bel x You Are A Special Person i am sure we all feel the same you helped me with your kind words and support I THANK YOU and hope things get a bit easier for you

mailife49

Oct 21, 2004
uk
lionel's birthday

Dear Connie,
how nice to read your latest update.......

I think you seem to be a really lovely person, and
it's just wonderful how much love you give to your lionel and others on this website too - no mean feat!!

I wish you all the lovely things in life and that you reap what you have sown - LOVE!!

LOVE mailife49