Lionel and Connie - it is you isn't it???

Clive

Nov 7, 2004
HI Connie

Just caught up with your Today broadcast.

You sounded so professional with your “I will pick up on what you said” comment.

Thanks for helping to put the concern to the wider public.

Regards

Clive

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Thanks for your kind words Clive.

For me it was all bit surreal. I was in Colchester in a studio on my own, just headphones and microphone. Neil Hunt was in London with the interviewer.

Still mesdia coverage has been good, and the profile does need to be raised for 'good care'. I was glad to have been asked to help.

elaineo2

Jul 6, 2007
leigh lancashire
Dear Connie,i can't believe that your article has made heads turn at head office.I was trying to get hold of my on call manager this afternoon,she was in a meeting.I tried another manager,she was in a meeting.I tried yet another manager,he was in a meeting.I finally left a message at the home where the meeting was taking place for my on call manager to ring after the meeting.I eventually got a call back,i needed advice on a resident who was admitted to hospital and was ready for discharge even though they were hallucinating(the resident doesn't have A/Z),hitting out,falling when mobilising!.My immediate reaction was that staff would be unable to cope with the resident if they rerurned as most staff have no training in dealing with these situations.Clare (on call manager) informed me that the managers meeting was about YOUR articele that i emailed to H.O.The powers that be have decided that dementia training will benefit all staff wether in a dementia setting or not.Courses to be organised A.S.A.P.Thanks Connie you've done a lot of carers and residents a "good turn"(lanky speak).Although i have had dementia training,i will be doing it again to support my colleagues,the course is very intense.
thanks again Connie.
love elainex

elaineo2

Jul 6, 2007
leigh lancashire
It is good news Sylvia,but isn't it wrong that it takes media attention give the heirarchy the kick up the a**e needed to ensure residents have the care they need.I do blame the government somewhat though.They have changed the rules about A/Z and Dementia sufferers not being admitted to residential care settings.Apparentley residential homes do not need to be registered for this anymore.A bit unfair when the staff are not trained to deal with the disease.And even more unfair on the sufferers.i feel a rant coming on!

love elainex

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dorarosa