Like a Hyperactive toddler...

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Pleased for you that your cancer is not spreading and you can go ahead with the operation Anne.
Sorry about Rob though, but I know when C is in hospital that she always enjoyed those tubs of fruit slices and cubes. They should hopefully help Rob in some way.

Rageddy Anne

Feb 21, 2013
Cotswolds
Thank you Margherita. I have a date now for the operation, and have had the pre op procedures, all very reassuring and matter of fact. They found I have a slight heart murmur which explains a couple of incidents where we thought I'd had a panic attack, but apparently lots of people have heart murmurs, not a problem and won't affect the operation...

Rob seems relatively peaceful in the new Care Home, which is only about three miles away just a bit further along the valley. It has even nicer views than we have here, good food, kind carers, kittens playing, and nice music....his friend will visit when I can't, so he won't be left without visitors.

And, after my operation, if I'm feeling lazy, there's also a room there that I can have, so I need not lift a finger, and could still see Rob if I feel like it!

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
That's good that you have your date now. I hope everything goes well.

It's such good news that Rob is settled and the new home sounds lovely. How marvellous yo have the opportunity if a room there when you're convalescing.

Amethyst59

Jul 3, 2017
Kent
Oh, Anne...that does sound like a good plan for after the op. I wondered if your sister in law might stay...but to have professional care and be near Rob would be perfect. Then you can concentrate on doing any physio you have been given and make a full, quick recovery.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I'm pleased to hear your news Anne and wish you well for a successful procedure.

I hope it will be comforting to realise although Rob will have deteriorated in health he is no longer suffering torment. It will give you some space to do the best for yourself.

Essie

Feb 11, 2015
Good wishes for the op Anne and I would definitely take up the room option - it will be a good thing in so many ways.

Rageddy Anne

Feb 21, 2013
Cotswolds
We have come to the end of our Dementia journey. Rob died very peacefully last evening, and our younger son was with him.
When I visited Rob at the weekend he was at peace, and I think I sensed what might have been coming. The Care Home was wonderful, and I was confident that he was in the right place

My operation was on Monday, our younger son and his wife were coming to stay with me afterwards, and daughter in law came with me to the hospital and waited with me all day, as I was the last operation of the day.

The Care home notified my sister in law about Rob's decline, and unknown to me the family rallied. When I was released from hospital the following afternoon, they told me he was gravely ill, and we drove straight to see him. I held his hand and kissed his nose, and he was at peace. Then we went home, and after a quick meal our younger son went back to sit with his father. Our older son flew in from abroad, but his plane was delayed, and he got there about half an hour later.

So all the family are with me, and we spent the rest of the evening remembering the happy times...

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Oh I'm so sorry to read your news. It must be doubly hard for you having been in hospital yourself. I'm glad you saw Rob and gave him that last kiss. Sending my condolences and wishing you strength. x

disi

Aug 4, 2014
Ex pat living in Sweden
I'm so very sorry to read your news, so hard for you getting over your operation. So glad you were able to see Rob and give him that last kiss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and all your family. xxx

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
I've only just found your thread Anne, it was comforting to read that Rob was peaceful and you were able to say a gentle goodbye and give him a kiss. I am so very sad for you and the family. I hope that physically you aren't too uncomfortable and I'm glad you have family close.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
I am so sorry to hear this RA. I am glad that Rob was peaceful which I think is what we all would wish. It. was lovely that your son was able to be with him at the end too.
I send my sincere condolences.xxx

maryw

Nov 16, 2008
Surrey
So very shocked and saddened to read this Anne. You have been amazing in overseeing that Rob had the best care possible. You couldn’t have done more. I admire your courage and strength to go straight to the care home upon your discharge from hospital. So glad you are surrounded by your loving family xxxxx

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
I am so sorry to read your news. I am glad you got to see hm and had those precious moments with him. Sincere condolences.
I hope you make a speedy recovery from your surgery. xx

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
So very sorry to hear your news. I'm glad your family are all with you. Wishing you a speedy recovery from your surgery, and much comfort at this time. xx

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
debbie1968