Like a Hyperactive toddler...

Rageddy Anne

Feb 21, 2013
Cotswolds
Saw the new practice nurse, who sent me to the GP, who arranged an ECG and extra blood tests, and a mammogram. Having been busy with Dementia I hadn't been for ten years.They found a lump, and took biopsies. Next week, after lab tests, they'll tell me what treatment is needed.ALL a bit quick really, but perhaps my tiredness shouldn't have been quite as easily dismissed by the old nurse as normal fatigue. And a mammogram reminder might have helped.

Meanwhile, the Care Home lift STILL hasn't been fixed, so poor Rob can't get up to the main "public" rooms , but stays downstairs in a gloomy improvised room with three others who are immobile. Because of that, I've spent a lot of time with him, and it's not very nice, as the carers are struggling.

The local council insists that nothing can be done to help the lift situation as its a listed building...Otherwise they could have had an extra one. Currently waiting for parts, that are made in Sweden, but the factory is on holiday... You couldn't make it up, could you?

Rageddy Anne

Feb 21, 2013
Cotswolds
To be honest,it's hard to visit Rob and stay positive for him,but it must be faced.
Sorry to be so gloomy...

Now, slap on a smile and sing " on with the Motley". Haha.

Dementia teaches us a lot about ourselves doesn't it? And we certainly find out who our friends are...

Kjn

Jul 27, 2013
Oh RA , you're going through a difficult time.
It's ridiculous re the lift situation for patients and staff.

Yes you see things and others different I've found.
(((Warm hug)))

Xx K

Rageddy Anne

Feb 21, 2013
Cotswolds
My lovely sister in law came with me to the hospital and I was so grateful as they wanted more biopsies and said I need an operation.

She'll also come with me today for a meeting at Rob's Care Home to discuss his care plan. We sat with him on Tuesday in his room listening to peaceful music, which calms him.He was gently conducting the music and even smiling,..Can't ask for more than that for him.

The bedroom window is open and the rain pattering on the leaves is very soothing...

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I'm glad you have the support of your sister in law. That must make a big difference to you.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I wish you well Anne. You have had so much worry about Rob and now you have further concerns for yourself. It`s cruel.

Rageddy Anne

Feb 21, 2013
Cotswolds
What did I do to deserve this one?

It's getting ridiculous! Another worry has arisen!
Rob's Care Home was in the local paper, because a planning application has been submitted to convert it into luxury flats. The owner says it's just a paper exercise, to enable them to raise funding to improve the Care Home, but it looks rather fishy... The newspaper was asking what will happen to the residents. So am I!
There's a meeting for residents' families on Thursday.

I'm beginning to feel as though I'm at the bottom of a heap of manure!

FEELS BETTER NOW THAT IVE UNLOADED.......A PROBLEM SHAREED.....

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
That`s terrible Anne. Just when you feel Rob is settled even though the home is lacking in some areas. I hope the meeting will allay your fears.

Amy in the US

Feb 28, 2015
USA
Anne, I've been on holiday and am getting caught up here on TP. I am dreadfully sorry to hear of the troubles with Rob's home, and also your health. Sending you all possible best wishes and will be thinking of you often.

RedLou

Jul 30, 2014
Anne - like Amy, just popping in to see how you are and sad to hear you are under so much stress. Will be thinking of you and sending many virtual hugs.

Rageddy Anne

Feb 21, 2013
Cotswolds
Getting ridiculous!...

The day after I was told I will need a mastectomy as soon as possible, and reluctantly permitted to have a scan before embarking on invasive surgery, the wonderful Care Home that we were so happy about, appears to be in danger of closing.. A complicated plan by the owner to raise the value of the property by getting planning permission to change it to luxury apartments, doesn't look convincing to anyone. He didn't tell anyone what he was doing, but the local newspaper got hold of it, so the manager, care staff and residents families found out by reading alarmist reports in the paper!

I would have waited it out, but first the wonderful housekeeper resigned, then the maintenance man and some of the good carers. It looked so bad that I looked elsewhere, and have found a room in a care home close to home that's recently been taken on by a reputable group...

Meanwhile, the hospital consultant urges my operation very soon. Yesterday my son and I moved Rob to the new place...Being the weekend none of the carers know him, so a good friend and I sat with him and fed him his supper...in spite of his sedation, he was somehow aware there was a difference, and there was fear in his eyes. I had to leave, I was exhausted...

The only bright spot was when a cat peered in the window and Rob managed to say " hello cat"!

With the complications of starting new finance and still being stonewalled by InvesPerpetuo, you know who, where his residual savings are, I have the added worry of finding finance.

Perhaps by the end of next week things will have eased, but currently I hate Dementia with a passion....and that finance company...

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
Anne - please look after yourself, and follow the surgeons advice so that you can continue to support Rob.

Hopefully he will settle in this new home, and maybe as the lift was still out of order I think, this will be a blessing in disguise.