lights, stairs, hot water

chip

Jul 19, 2005
Scotland
Today my husband has been going up the stairs every 5mins to the toilet switching on bedroom and toilet lights, running the hot water then coming back down the stairs everything left on . I lost count how many times today i had to go up and switch everything off. I have a problem with my leg and need physio this hasn't helped. Any sugestions what to do?

zed

Jul 25, 2005
London
I don't know what stage your husband is at, how good is his communication? If you can ask him why he does it and perhaps try and intrepret what he means? Could he be bored and need some more activity?

As a last resort you could put a baby gate on the stairs or obstruct the bathroom door in some way.

chip

Jul 19, 2005
Scotland
not bad but demanding to go out for a walk, but i needed to catch up with washing as had a burst hose in the washing machine, Although this morning he done the toilet in the sink and floor. We are going out tonight to a friend so tonight should be ok i hope as they have cats and a dog and he loves animals. I have been told by his advocacy that he is getting worse she has seen a difference in him. I don't know what stage he is but his speech is getting mixed i have to wash dress cut up his food he has no sense of danger and gets moods he isn't incontinent but is messy he sometimes gets lost in the house as well. Very child like. He is on exelon but every day is different with him and i still haven't had a carers assesment.

chip

Jul 19, 2005
Scotland
He was no problem when we were out but as soon as we got back into the house he changed doing the same and kicking the furniture this time. He goes to day care at the hospital tomorrow should i tell them

cynron

Sep 26, 2005
east sussex
Chip,

My husbsnd has Va D and i have been having much the same behavior from him . i cut his food dress him and shower him,he is childlike and can be resistent when being showered and while being dressed.Not incontinent but as you say messy:eek: I did not get a carers assessment until after 4 years and then i had to insist.Now i have a SW and i do get some help Respite and Crossroads. So be persistent and stand your ground with a few tears if needed.:(

regards Cynron x x

chip

Jul 19, 2005
Scotland
Cyron
I haven't really been told what type he has but he also takes myoclonics. I also went to see the MSP last night its bad here but things are in motion. Has anyone had a copy of the care plan that SS have done i haven't found out last night your supposed to have it i haven't even seen it. Not had a carers assesment ether yet

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aliso