Light at the end of the tunnel

Suziduzi

Dec 10, 2019
Hello All
Just thought id update on things since we moved mum into the home, nearly 3 weeks ago now.
Well what a difference in mum, she has settled in lovely, not what I was expecting especially how she was on the first day ! She is happier, not agitated, the staff love her ! she is joining in with activities, interacting with other residents , communication doesn't seem to be a barrier as such, staff have been giving her baths and showers ! and she has even had her hair done ! She is eating ok now too. Im amazed ! We are having lovely visits with her , she is so pleased to see us , and there doesn't seem to be as much agitation and anxiousness from her, she is given the freedom to roam around the environment, and this I think helps her a lot. Wasn't much room at home to wander and I think this led to her agitation and anxiousness. I now have peace of mind for the first time in ages, knowing that she is safe and cared for, my dad is finding it a bit hard , he says he just misses her and the way she was before, but even dad thinks she looks so much better in herself. Its still early days for him, but for me I feel I have a big weight lifted of my shoulder :)
Thanks again to all for your kind words xxx
Such great news, how lovely for your Mom and you. Im sure eventually your Dad will find great comfort in seeing her less anxious and happy. ?