Lifes circle of love

Martin099

Nov 13, 2012
Dorset
Just got back from the care home, with tears in my eyes and my heart crying out for poor mum. She had a fall in the last few days, banged her head and has moved noticeably in to the next bed-bound stage of this evil illness.
Dear Mum,
I know you will not walk again, but once upon a time I could not walk and you helped me to crawl. Together now we'll get through it all.
Don't worry that you cannot feed yourself, once upon a time I too could not feed myself. You helped me through and now i'll help you.
I know you cannot clean your teeth, but once upon a time I too could not clean my teeth and you showed me how. Let's clean your teeth together now.
I know you don't remember my name but once upon a time I too knew no names. To recognise and see you smile, will see us through for a very long while.
Don't worry that you cannot wash and dress, at times like these we'll just do our best.
Don't worry about where dad has gone, he's looking over us as we go along
Don't worry that the days and nights are long. Together as one we will stay strong.
With all my love
Martin

Gigglemore

Oct 18, 2013
British Isles
So sorry to read of your Mum's fall and decline. Just wanted to say how well you have expressed the debt of love we owe to our parents in their time of need. Thank you.

Adcat

Jun 15, 2014
London
Martin,
I wish I had a brother like you.

Your post is beautiful. It reminds me of a song my dad loves;

I'll walk beside you through the world today
While dreams and songs and flowers bless your way
I'll look into your eyes and hold your hand
I'll walk beside you through the golden land

I'll walk beside you through the world tonight
Beneath the starry skies ablaze with light
Within your soul love's tender words I'll hide
I'll walk beside you through the eventide

I'll walk beside you through the passing years
Through days of cloud and sunshine, joys and tears
And when the great call comes, the sunset gleams
I'll walk beside you to the land of dreams

Take care and keep posting x

Lady in blue

Mar 6, 2015
Sheffield
Oh Martin - how well written and so very true.
Reading it made me cry but helped me to remember that others are going through the same stuff that we are.
Your Mum would be very proud of you.
Take care love X

sunny beach hut

Jul 1, 2014
Hi Martin
I just wanted to say that your mum is lucky to have such a caring son as you. I wish you strength in the coming times.

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
What you have written is so very true, Martin but it is so often forgotten,especially in our society today.
You are a very special son and your mother, despite her present suffering which is causing you understandable distress, is a very fortunate lady.
You have brought tears to my eyes.

Martin099

Nov 13, 2012
Dorset
Thanks for all the kind words of support guys.
Really didn't mean to make anyone cry!...just felt the need to release some emotions. Makes a change for me as I normally just bottle things up.
On a brighter note I took my two little daughters (one and three) to see mum today and it really helped to bring a smile to mums face. It's amazing to see the joy that children can bring, not just to mum but to the other residents too - great to see.
Martin