life with alzeimers

storm

Aug 10, 2004
notts
Hi all,not posted for ages because my mother in law who i cared for at home reached the last stage which was not eating or drinking this lasted for 2 months and she eventually died peacefully at home.It as been a long hard road but when she died i wanted to try and help people see that A/D need not all be bad so i sat down and wrote a few w ords about our way of seeing and coping with A/D which were read out at the funeral .I hope it helps someone out there. love storm

Attachments

• WordsfromGailDunstan.doc
    27 KB · Views: 371

dmc

Mar 13, 2006
hello storm

can i just say im so sorry for your loss, and thankyou for sharing your letter,
i think the words speak for all carers everywhere x

Norman

Oct 9, 2003
Birmingham Hades
Hi Storm
nice to hear from you again,but sorry to hear your sad news.
Stay with us,you can be such a help to others.
Warm Wishes
Norman

Áine

Feb 22, 2006
sort of north east ish
thanks for sharing that

Thanks for sharing that Storm. I can really relate to it. Dad became someone different when he was ill ..... but it was someone who i could get to know more than the more reserved man he had been before. He was a laugh and a bit of a hell raiser where previously he'd been conformist and passive. I hated the illness, but in a way loved some of the changes in him. He was never really someone I'd have snuggled up to and cuddled before. I reckon we had more cuddles in and physical contact in the last 3 -4 months of his life than we'd had in the prevoius 40 years. On the one hand I hated all that happened to him, but on another, I wouldn't have missed those last few months with him for the world.

Sorry to hear of your loss ...

Kathleen

Mar 12, 2005
West Sussex
Storm

Thank you for sharing those words, I am glad the illness she suffered was aknowledged as part of her life, so often it is dismissed and not spoken of again.

Take care

Kathleen

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
I must say you must have been a pleasure to be around with, when your mother in law was diagnosed with AD she was a very lucky to have you as a daughter in law .I am also sorry to read of your lose.

I also must admit. I have never felt so much laughter love since my mother has had AD, because yes if I did not laugh I would cry. One thing AD has tout me is that no matter how hard it gets life is too short to live in tears. Humour laughter is the best remedy.

Thank- you for sharing

PS but I still cry if I want to lol :)

Last edited: