Life just keeps throwing big barrels of smelly stuff at you...

TEEDEE62

Nov 5, 2019
As alluded to in my post/rant earlier today, my diagnosis was just another challenge that has no rules, limits of guarantees.
I'll try to keep this brief......

1993 aged 31, I had a heart attack..a family trait;)followed by a stent in 2022 and a further 5 stents in 2014.

In late 2015, I was made redundant and two weeks later diagnosed with bladder cancer(2 high grade:mad: tumours ) which were removed and I had 3 years of immunotherapy and I've had no recurrence.
In 2017, following a hearing nerve scan, I was found to have an aneurism in my brain which was in a place where it was too dangerous to operate on , so I get annual scans to monitor it.

In mid 2018 I had the wonderful gift of a very serious infection of my prostrate caused by the Immunotherapy which has left me with chronic prostatitis:eek:o_O

Sony latest diagnosis is the icing on the so... As Dory says....just keep on swimming.

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland
You have been through so much that you must have enormous inner strength to be able to write as you do. Hang on to that as it may serve you well.

Indeed, keep on swimming.

LynneMcV

Volunteer Moderator
May 9, 2012
south-east London
You really have been put through the mill @TEEDEE62 and my heart goes out to you.

As has been said, you must have great strength of character to have come through so much, so far.

My husband had no major medical issues, other than his dementia diagnosis. In that, I believe he was lucky - especially when I hear of all the additional problems people can face alongside a dementia diagnosis.

Do keep posting, we are all here for you.

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
@TEEDEE62 - I love that you like Dory “just keep swimming “ !
I feel that also like Dory, it’s easier sometimes when in the gold fish bowl to keep swimming pass the same piece of sea grass & exclaim each time “ that’s a nice piece of sea grass!”

a disposition I sometimes don’t achieve!

keep up being a Pixar fan & don’t stop swimming! X

Avis

Nov 2, 2019
Like you, I have had continual health problems since I was a child. You might have a year or two's grace and then the next thing gets you. When I was about 8 and I was crying from pain and walking with a caliper and crutches from TB in the bones of my leg and pelvis, my dad gave me a hug and said,"what can't be cured must be endured". He told me I had a choice, to live life the best I could or to let the disease rule me. Since then I have had several more challenges but I keep on plugging away doing what I can. Sometimes I cry with pain and self-pity but then get over it and move on. My husband has MSA now and I am developing Parkinson's so I guess I will be fighting to the bitter end. I feel for you. Hang in there and as Winston Churchill said, "When you are going through hell, keep going." xx

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Classy@1951