Life is so much easier

David0169

Apr 3, 2013
Sorry I've not posted or even logged in for a long time, its been an eventful time

Even tho Peter (my ex partner) is getting worse, its taken a long time to come to terms with his dementia and a few friends have been lost along the way but hey ho, and contemplating ending my own life as I felt as tho I was letting him down but life goes on.

I now have a new man in my life who has made life worth living again, he totally understands what I'm doing and going thro as he has been in a very similar situation as myself. It did take me a while to tell him that I care for Peter as I was scared that he'd walk away but he didn't which says everything I think.

We both now care for Peter together and he's laughing more (due to the fact that Michael is always making light hearted jokes with him and fussing around him) this has taken a lot of pressure off me and life is so much easier, I now get some time for me for a few hours on a Sunday afternoon.

So I suppose no matter how bad things get, life throws up a few surprises and helps you carry on and deal with what's around us.

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
I am pleased your lives have turned around, it sounds as though you all love each other and enjoy your times together,

I wish you all the best in the future,

Jeany xx

halojones

May 7, 2014
Its good to hear that you are in a better place and that you are all caring for each other, a nice story to read...Have a lovely Xmas together xxx

CollegeGirl

Jan 19, 2011
North East England
Oh this is so good to hear, I'm delighted for you. What a lovely couple you are, taking care of your ex-partner between you. Wishing all the best for the three of you xx