Life insurance

Dayperson

Feb 18, 2015
Hi,

I'm wondering can you take out life insurance on someone with dementia knowing they may only have a few years to live? Specifically we are looking at the Post Office cover.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Have a look at 50 plus monthly payment plans.
Usually money back if if die within ~2years, then a period when it may be good value, after which premiums paid exceed payout.
They are all different, you have to do detailed research.

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
There actually is one that advertises on daytime TV a lot and they guarantee to give you the payout or all of your money back, whichever is the greater so you'll never get back less than you pay in is the claim. Problem is I can't remember the name of the company and as nitram says you do have to read the small print.
K

love.dad.but..

Jan 16, 2014
Kent
Interestingly since reading your post I mentioned this to a friend whose OH has dementia and because the over 50 type plans do not ask health questions they have the cover for funeral expenses.

Dayperson

Feb 18, 2015
I checked with the Post Office and they confirmed they cover it with no medical question asked. We got a £50 Argos voucher and £240 back on Quidco for £62 per month premium. If mum dies before the first year, we get 1.5 times what we paid in, otherwise after 1 year, £9,500 premium