Life begins

zan

Jan 4, 2006
staffordshire
I just wondered if anyone else watched Life Begins tonight and ended up in tears. The portrayals of the early stages of Alzheimers in Maggies Dad are so true to life. The writer must have a good insight into the loss of pride someone feels and the actor who plays Maggies Dad breaks my heart when he tries to be helpful and his memory fails him.

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
Hiya Zan
Yes I watched it too. You really feel for the character - I think it is being played very sensitively - and his wife's reaction.
Helen

zan

Jan 4, 2006
staffordshire
This is the third series and last night was the third episode. It,s on monday on ITV 1 at 9pm. The main gist of the story is about a woman whose husband had an affair and how she coped on her own. Now her husband is back. Alongside this theme her Father has Alzheimers. Over the last three years he has slowly got worse - not in a dramatic way like the Mike Baldwin character, but slowly. He recognizes that he is having problems . They are coming to a head now because his wife, main carer is also ill at the moment.

maria29al

Mar 15, 2006
Warwickshire
I think it is a wonderful series...all aspects of it are so well portrayed and moving. I often feel close to tears or actually cry watching it.

M