Lewy Body Dementia

xris21crppn

May 17, 2022
My husband and I are taking care of my Mother who is 94 yrs old and I worked health care for 23 yrs and having difficulty trying to have my mother see a doctor. She refuses all doctors since a year ago and I personally have seen a change in her with memory and behavioral issue towards myself and my husband this past year and also can get very agitated and violent. She also has a right lean always sitting and right leg turned inward and suspect Lewy Body Dementia but unable to have her diagnosed and cant explain to her she needs to see a doctor for check up because of medication as an excuse tells me dont need a doctor I know everything all they want is $$$$. She sleeps in the morning and up all night then when e want to go to sleep she gets mad says we are trying to get away from her and also wakes us up says what are you doing sleeping get up you are here to take care of me. She has a very bad temper and we are stressed out want to see if I can put her in assistant living but refuses to leave her house and its against her rights if I try we dont know where to go with all of this we live with her 24/7 and taking a toll on us. we cant go anywhere she panicks and have no Life

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello @xris21crppn Welcome.

You won't be able to move your mother against her will if she still has capacity but you could report her to Social Services telling them you think she is a vulnerable adult and at risk.

I doubt assisted living will be the answer to anything. Your mother doesn't want to leave her home and doesn't want help from others. A move would cause her distress and confusion which assisted living does not provide for.

Your best bet is an assessment by Social Services.

xris21crppn

May 17, 2022
Hello @xris21crppn Welcome.

You won't be able to move your mother against her will if she still has capacity but you could report her to Social Services telling them you think she is a vulnerable adult and at risk.

I doubt assisted living will be the answer to anything. Your mother doesn't want to leave her home and doesn't want help from others. A move would cause her distress and confusion which assisted living does not provide for.

Your best bet is an assessment by Social Services.
thank you very much for your response and information God Bless You

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MonkeyFeet