1. Q&A: "Loneliness and isolation" - Tuesday 30 Oct, 2-3pm

Are you experiencing loneliness and isolation? Do you care for someone with dementia or have dementia yourself? We are here to answer your questions on this emotive topic. Our next expert Q&A will be hosted by Anne from our Helpline team. She will be answering your questions on Tuesday 30 October from 2-3pm. Want to ask questions in advance, or don’t think you can make it? You can either post questions here or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll answer as many as we can on Tuesday 30th of October from 2-3 pm.

Pop by and post your questions now and we'll answer them on Tuesday.

Lewy body dementia at age 47

Discussion in 'Welcome and how to use Talking Point' started by Pantera, May 14, 2018.

1. Pantera

Pantera New member

May 14, 2018
    #1 Pantera, May 14, 2018
    Last edited: May 14, 2018
    Lewy body dementia at age 47....freaking out scared to lose my independence, not sure when I should stop driving I hold on too long. Still trying to tell myself I’m not sick

2. chris53

chris53 Volunteer Host

Nov 9, 2009
    London
    Good morning Pantera, a warm welcome to Talking Point,much support and understanding here.
    Am so sorry you are distressed by being told either you or a loved one has Lewy body, am hoping you are getting support and above all information to help, many on here have first hand experience of LB and will be able to share their experiences with you,so do please keep posting as and when needed.
    Take care
    Chris

3. Shedrech

Shedrech Volunteer Moderator

Dec 15, 2012
    Yorkshire
    hello @Pantera
    and a warm welcome to TP
    that's some news you've received - so I'm glad you have found TP and joined this caring and knowledgeable community
    have a mooch around the site, and maybe also the main AS site (the link is through the 'button' at the very top right of this page)
    it really does help to share your experiences, worries, questions ...... even jokes, in the tea room .... so do feel free to start a thread when you are ready and write whatever is on your mind

here's a link to the AS site's directory of local services - something there may be of help to you
    https://www.alzheimers.org.uk/find-support-near-you