Lewy bodies.

songwriter

Oct 3, 2019
Can any one tell me how long is the life span of people with Lewy bodies. Is it more difficult to manage.

Juliematch

Jun 24, 2017
Hi songwriter. My dad had Lewy body dementia and was diagnosed in 2016. I’m not sure anyone can give you a lifespan of the disease . It depends on lots of things eg other health problems. Dad has COPD and with each chest infection his dementia gets worse. Hallucinations, delusions are hard to deal with at first but if you can look on it as the dementia not the loved one , you can learn to manage them. As for it being harder to manage than other dementias , I’m sure we all find it very hard to cope with dementia at times no matter what diagnosis is given. Keep posting on here and I’m sure others will be along to give you advice. It’s a great place to share concerns and talk to people who have been there or know of someone who can advise you.

Larker

Mar 1, 2019
East Yorkshire
Hi songwriter
I'm curious. Is it your other half or a parent who has Lewy Body? My husband has it. I agree it is a very strange form of Dementia. Every day is different and the symptoms very unpredictable. One minute we can be having a logical conversation then he asks if I have seen his wife or he needs to go home. It can make the carer very lonely. Keep going.

songwriter

Oct 3, 2019
Hi songwriter. My dad had Lewy body dementia and was diagnosed in 2016. I’m not sure anyone can give you a lifespan of the disease . It depends on lots of things eg other health problems. Dad has COPD and with each chest infection his dementia gets worse. Hallucinations, delusions are hard to deal with at first but if you can look on it as the dementia not the loved one , you can learn to manage them. As for it being harder to manage than other dementias , I’m sure we all find it very hard to cope with dementia at times no matter what diagnosis is given. Keep posting on here and I’m sure others will be along to give you advice. It’s a great place to share concerns and talk to people who have been there or know of someone who can advise you.

songwriter

Oct 3, 2019
Hi songwriter
I'm curious. Is it your other half or a parent who has Lewy Body? My husband has it. I agree it is a very strange form of Dementia. Every day is different and the symptoms very unpredictable. One minute we can be having a logical conversation then he asks if I have seen his wife or he needs to go home. It can make the carer very lonely. Keep going.
Yes my other half, Its becoming very hard to manage as his balance is really bad. I ambecoming very stressed and upset.

songwriter

Oct 3, 2019
Hi songwriter
Hi Larker its my other half, he is doing the same as your husband. I'm getting very stressed almost at breaking point. He seems to have deteriorated fast, and has now started sleeping a lot. Yes it can get lonely and all we can do is keep going.

Larker

Mar 1, 2019
East Yorkshire
Hi Larker its my other half, he is doing the same as your husband. I'm getting very stressed almost at breaking point. He seems to have deteriorated fast, and has now started sleeping a lot. Yes it can get lonely and all we can do is keep going.
The lockdown has increased the confusion and family are unable to visit to support us. Keep going and keep in touch.