Letting of steam

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Got a phone call just now , from day center , they have canceled it for tomorrow , as they are amalgamating to AZ center together tomorrow , so do not have the staff to cope with all of the people , now I am wondering why the staff from the other center join the other center , I bet its all to do with funding the staff and cut back , they is lots of cuts back going on in my area for elderly people , have got loads of letter telling me about it , they is a meeting tomorrow about it at are local town hall .

So bang go my plans for tomorrow, my social worker away on another holiday , so would have to organize it all to get a sitter , for my mother with duty social worker , and they aptitude (sp) ( and can't be botherd to look it up )is if I am not going to a meeting about caring, why do I need someone to sit with my mother at so short notices .

Since I have been caring, it seem to me that services are getting worse for the care’s not better, so I shall just have to clean up whole house, to take my energy out on, other wise it’s getting angry or depress about it all , I know its not that bad caring for my mother just that they is so many hours one can take sitting in , that’s all my mother wants is to just see me , because other wise she looking for me , or empting out and eating all the food in the kitchen , then getting angry with me for telling her not to do that, that some time I think what the hell , let her get on with it, can't trun my back for 5min

So can't get out till thrusday , without haveing to worry about rushing back home So off I go to looking , browsing for wonders of the world, on the big world wide wed :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Cate

Jul 2, 2006
Newport, Gwent
Hiya Maggie

No words of wisdom to offer you, just wanted to say sorry you are not going to get the day to yourself, I appreciate nothing worse than looking forward to something, then having it snatched away. When mum nods off to sleep, treat yourself to a nice bottle of wine, and box of chocs.

Love
Cate xx

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Hello Margarita, what is the point of them meeting to talk about the change if the change has already gone ahead! So sorry you are cooped up and angry. Do you know any friendly local journalists?

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
mum nods off to sleep, treat yourself to a nice bottle of wine

Oh cate Great mind think alike , have not hit on the choc yet , as I ate all that all over ester , but still have one bottle left over from weekend .

what is the point of them meeting to talk about the change if the change has already gone ahead!

Now that is a really good point , I could call up my local Paper , what a good thought , thank – you

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Enjoy the wine - so sorry that your plans have been scuppered! (If it makes you feel better I am to go off to dentist ? 2nd gumboil in three weeks - so I need to let off steam too). I think I may open a bottle and we can toast the big world together (found any wonders yet?).

Hope your letting off steam here as helped. Thinking about you.
Best wishes Beckyjan

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
2nd gumboil in three weeks -

Now that is painfull They tried with take a nerve out of one of my teeth when it got infective with one of those, and the infection had not clear up like they said , the pain was worse then having a baby , I would rather have the pain of having a baby , then having a never pulled out in my tooth, was told could of waited for the tooth (back one ) to have rotten , then the nerve would of died and would not of had so much pain , when they tried to pull out the nerve .

Today feel so much better , so am going to the meeting , wine made me sleep yesterday , daughter hog laptop so did not get to find number for local paper , never mind am still going to the meeting as the council is reconsidering who is eligible to receive adult social services and whether it can continue to provide for those at “moderate “ risk , they can not even provide for high risk , like my mother now .

It reminds me back when my mother was pre AZ and I could see that she was not coping alone at home, I was working full time and caring for her while living in my own home trying to accesses services for her, trying to get my head around how the system work was a nightmare, having to take so much time off work , them not likening it .

And its still like that now 5 years on

Shall go to the meeting, just to put my views over, don’t know if it will make a difference, but it make me feel better talking to what they call them self “self Cabinet member’s better government panel”

I shall surely add about AZ daycentre and funding

Last edited:

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
I could not have the wine as I promised - the dentist put me on antibiotics and said NO ALCHOHOL!!! He mentioned the treatment you have just outlined above!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh dear. Hope the meeting went well.
Best wishes Beckyjan