Letting go...

thatwoman

Mar 25, 2009
Merseyside
Gigi, I'm so glad you're starting to feel human again! It sounds like a lovely visit this week, and you're right to trust the care home if they say that Eric is ok.

If you want to come round and help with our garage when you've done yours....No? It was just a thought! I'd have enjoyed seeing your interesting hair colour!

Love Sue, x

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Hi Gigi,

I am so glad that you have someone with which to talk things through:)

I bet your home is beginning to look like a Gigi house - bright and cheerful.

Love x

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Hello Gigi:

I know the days have been dark and thankfully you have worked through it. Its good to see you coming back to YOU.

I love the idea of Lily with Eric playing the keyboard. It also makes me understand how very settled Eric is in his new home.

So now you are feeling better you can live your own life at the same as knowing that you and Eric still have much love together, but you are delegating the exhausting and daily caring.

Good to see you posting again :)
Love

sad nell

Mar 21, 2008
bradford west yorkshire
GIGI THAT WAS SO GOOD TO READ, lovely that Lily got a responce and that Eric has a keyboard. to entertain himslf and others, you sound to be getting your home in order, and now the garage, you will feel so good when you have achieved all your targets, good that you are top of the list at the moment, that is just what you need, and i feel so relieved for you. take some photos of all your diy , i would be very impressed to see a tidy garage , my sheds are so bad you have to climb over everything, dont tell Sylvia she will disown me, keep on upwards love Pam

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
Gigi

So pleased you are getting 'your life' back on track.

Can you do my shed here at the van? Most of the stuff hasn't been moved for 5 years, the cobwebs are worthy of Miss Haversham:eek:

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Poor Sylvia and her spider phobia. Did you get that spider vacuum in the end? I'm thinking of getting one for my son since I am fed up with early morning "get that spider out of the bathtub" calls.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I`ve only got the spider catcher. It`s for in the house. I don`t have webs in the house.
I have only used the spider catcher once. I don`t seem to have spiders in the house either. Thank goodness.
Mind you I have vapourisers in the bedroom and living room which are supposed to stop them coming in. They work. :D
In the greenhouse and shed, I never see spiders but I don`t see their webs either, I just feel them in my face or in my hair. :eek:
I have a can of Raid in every room. I can`t take care of the environment in the summer so do double time in the winter.

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Having the time of my life....

Skipping....:D

take some photos of all your diy , i would be very impressed to see a tidy garage
...It's going to take some time, this garage....:rolleyes:

Apart from cobwebs and HUGE spiders, dead leaves (and snails)....there are boxes and boxes of "stuff"....:eek: which need to be sorted

And the mice haven't been idle....:cool: They've used a lot of accessible material and shredded it nicely, leaving their droppings well mixed in. (I'm having a disinfectant bath tonight...:D)

I've found things from my past buried deep in there..and brought them back into the house.
They aren't valuable in terms of money..but they are valuable to me.

Perhaps you're right, Pam. I should take some photos.

But I don't think I'll want to recall this phase of my life.

None of this is easy..it's emotionally and physically draining.

I'm doing it because I know that I can't move on until it's done.

Love xx

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
I'm so comforted that you understand, Pam. Everything I do these days is so different to everything I used to do. It's a huge life change. And will continue to be so for quite a while.

Hope you and Trev are ok.

Love xx

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Hi Gigi, just wanted to pop in and send you a hug.

I was so pleased (and impressed) that the home found a keyboard for Eric. That is really fantastic.

As for your decorating. Well I have a tiny (I mean really really teeny) bathroom, more like a cubicle, for which I obtained a decorator's quote the other week. He quoted over £500.:eek:

I am telling you this in case it hadn't crossed your mind, that you might be able to get some work as a painter/decorator.;)

x

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Morning Gigi,

It really is such a massive life change and you are wished well every step of the way Gigi:)

Love

scarletpauline

Jul 19, 2009
Leicestershire
It does sound as if slowly you are getting your life back. Eric is settled at the home and you are happy with the home, please do take care of yourself, love and hugs Pauline xx

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Another visit...

Eric slept through it.

He was in one of his "big sleeps" and was unrousable.

Our AS Volunteer Co-ordinaor came with me as she wanted to see Eric..and is always interested in viewing CHs she hasn't visited. She was pleasantly surprised.

It gave me an opportunity to catch up with the staff and discuss Eric..he is well loved by them all...:) They're quite happy to sing along with him in the wee small hours. They are forging out a routine around Eric's needs which I think is brilliant. It's flexible and ongoing..again so necessary as things change.

He talks about me a lot..and our three houses in Italy and whether I'm driving the Maserati or the Ferrari ...and the ongoing affair of course...:rolleyes:

But he looks so comfortable there..and so physically well. The AS lady commented exactly as I'd done..he looks better now than he did when I was caring for him.

On the down side I've been to see the emergency doctor at the surgery thisafternoon. I was becoming concerned about pain in my upper back and shoulder which is affecting breathing/coughing/sneezing/yawning..and moving in certain directions...:eek:

Imagining all sorts of horrible things...most of you know I smoke...she gave me a thorough examination and my chest is clear...

But I have a badly pulled muscle underneath the shoulder blade which will take some time to heal. I know I've been working flat out and need to take things easy for a bit.

But the skip is almost full and my younger son helped yesterday with the heavy work.

Slowly things are slotting into place.

Love to you all and thanks again for being there.

xx

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Well it sounds like Eric is ok Gigi;) Now what's this about you and pulled muscles? Sounds like you could do with a good old spa treatment and a bit of pampering. I hope you begin to feel physically better soon and am glad that you are getting help with the clean up operation.