letter today

chip

Jul 19, 2005
Scotland
My husband got a letter today from the ILF saying that they refer to HIS telephone conversation on the 14th May to return finanial information and have given him 14days to reply. Well he can't use a phone, and speech is bad he can't write and can only read one word and at that time he was agressive. He also can't open an envolope. So what are they on about? I can't walk very far ether so how am i to send things of? I am still waiting to see the specilist. Oh the SW has diagnoised me over the phone as having a muscle problem yet the GP has refered me as i've had it for 10mths and been to physio as well. I gave the SW a lecture haven't heard from her again! All they seen bothered about is the finanial form and how much they can get off us. Why oh why does this so called care system not care and can't even get things right.

Nell

Aug 9, 2005
Australia
Chip, you are amazing in the way you keep on despite all that is thrown at you!! Please let us know what happens next. You must sometimes feel like the words of that old sonng - "they're out to get me!!" :(

chip

Jul 19, 2005
Scotland
I've now got a meeting with the new consultant in two weeks time. So will tell her everything that has gone on and that nothing has been done right. My husband is now not sleeping . So i don't know now what is going to happen. I can't afford a nursing home ( not that any will take him as he is too young) I also will not pay for it i do not agree with the system out to get at families because of illness. We have to live as well. And as i haven't had much help from the Social Services and all they have done wrong i will not let them take half his occupation pension. i THINK THE REAL BATTLE IS ABOUT TO START. Quite frankly i've had enough of the so called care system. I wish i could win the lottery and i would start up a 7 day a week day care center to help carers. Its only my dream !

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
chip said:
. i THINK THE REAL BATTLE IS ABOUT TO START. !

Dear Chip,

If the real battle is about to start, what have you been doing for the past 2 yars?

It looks to me as if you have been fighting one long continuous battle.

I am so sorry you are having to go through this and really hope you get some proper support soon.

Love xx