Letter to Jean.

Mameeskye

Aug 9, 2007
NZ
Oh Grommit

You have made me laugh and now your moving letter to your wife has made me cry.

You have watched the person that you love change, unexplicably and you still love.

You have cared and helped and made the tea and still loved,

You have shopped and done the housework and still loved,

Sometimes, as with children, you have to let go, because of that love.

Never doubt that what you do is right when it comes from the heart.

((((((((((hugs))))))))))))

Mameeskye

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
I have posted the letter today in an attempt to offset the down which is fast approaching in the belief that it will help me to face it. I needed to get the brooding off my chest and could not think of any other way to do it except share it amongst friends

and you done the right thing in sharing your feeling with use all , but keep sharing and we help you find that humor in you again and to face it all , when your ready that is xx(((hugs)))) xx

Norman

Oct 9, 2003
Birmingham Hades
Dear Grommit
your two postings ,the letter and the following one really got to me.
You know that I have been there and your posts reminded me what it is was like.
It is a day to day situation as mine still is,I feel that I am marking time waiting for something,I do not know what.
Some days I spend in my black hole,some days I manage to climb out.
I still talk to my Peg,I don't get any answers,but there again it has been a long time since I did.
Thinking of you and wishing you well.
Norman

fearful fiona

Apr 19, 2007
London
Dear Grommit,

Your letter is the most moving thing I have read and I can't begin to explain the effect it had on me. You are so supportive to all of us on TP, whether it is comforting us in our difficulties or making us laugh with your wacky sense of humour. Your love for Jean is overwhelming and I'm sure because of that you will do your best in finding a solution.

I know it is not the same type of love, but I love my Dad to bits and it was awful putting him in a care home, but whenever I see him now I know that he has everything he needs, lovely new friends, a beautiful room and the best possible care that only the professionals can provide. This means that whenever I visit, we can spend the time enjoying ourselves and not having to worry about anything else. I hope things go as well for you both.

jackie1

Jun 6, 2007
Cheshire
Dear Grommit

That is such a moving heartfelt letter and follow up post and I think it expresses many carers feelings.

Take care

Love

Jackie