Let me explain.

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
Hi. I just wanted to clarify a few things so people get the whole picture.
The reason I suggested to the care company is that it is a lot of money for someone who isn't doing his job properly.
I am an ex carer.. unfortunately.
This is a carer who was fired / resigned a few weeks ago. This is also the same carer who doesn't do the washing, empty the recycling ,empty the bin or wash up.
So I end up doing that. Even though it is in the care plan.
This is the same carer who left the statlock on for weeks " because it is fine", until I put in an official complaint ( hence the firing) We were told we weren't having him back .. Well, he is going on another round but as you know we still have him.
This is the carer who flirts and chats a lot at work.
This is the carer who sat dad in his recliner for 12 hours as I couldn't get him out.This was the day it took 3 of us to get dad into a wheelchair and back into bed.
This is the same carer who took dad out on the stand aid and got stuck in the hallway, plus dad wasn't interested in being moved.( Good assessment there). That took an hour.
This is also the same care company that walked out and left me with dad for a fortnight during COVID as they thought he had it..He didn't. This is also the same care company that got an irate phone call from the District Nurse telling them they have duty of care and that you cannot leave a person like dad in a chair for 12 hours. Hence the change of care plan. That worked for a month. Dad declined.to get out of bed when they wanted him too. He had 4x a day then. I dropped it back to 2 as he is a lot calmer when they are not there. Plus he is now finding the recliner uncomfortable. Plus I no longer consider him safe in it. My daughter and I are taking him out by his hoist and into his wheelchair then the garden.
When this carer works with a male it is 30 mins. When 2 females do it it is 30 mins. When another male and female do it it is 30 mins.So it can be done.

Red Shoe

Feb 16, 2022
We had a problem with one carer who always did the Saturday shift. We were paying for a half hour slot and the following should have been done.
Check moms pad
microwave moms meals
Make a cup of tea
Wash up
Thanks to having cctv installed in porch and hallway we were able to see what time carer arrived and left. The average time was 8 minutes (sometimes 4) This also included time opening key safe and unlocking porch then doing the same on the way out.
I contacted the care company and informed them we had proof via video. I also reminded them it was fraud !
The carer was dismissed and we weren’t charged for the calls. Its horrid when you can’t trust those you pay to care. Most of them were wonderful but it only takes one bad apple x x

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Hi. I just wanted to clarify a few things so people get the whole picture.
The reason I suggested to the care company is that it is a lot of money for someone who isn't doing his job properly.
I am an ex carer.. unfortunately.
This is a carer who was fired / resigned a few weeks ago. This is also the same carer who doesn't do the washing, empty the recycling ,empty the bin or wash up.
So I end up doing that. Even though it is in the care plan.
This is the same carer who left the statlock on for weeks " because it is fine", until I put in an official complaint ( hence the firing) We were told we weren't having him back .. Well, he is going on another round but as you know we still have him.
This is the carer who flirts and chats a lot at work.
This is the carer who sat dad in his recliner for 12 hours as I couldn't get him out.This was the day it took 3 of us to get dad into a wheelchair and back into bed.
This is the same carer who took dad out on the stand aid and got stuck in the hallway, plus dad wasn't interested in being moved.( Good assessment there). That took an hour.
This is also the same care company that walked out and left me with dad for a fortnight during COVID as they thought he had it..He didn't. This is also the same care company that got an irate phone call from the District Nurse telling them they have duty of care and that you cannot leave a person like dad in a chair for 12 hours. Hence the change of care plan. That worked for a month. Dad declined.to get out of bed when they wanted him too. He had 4x a day then. I dropped it back to 2 as he is a lot calmer when they are not there. Plus he is now finding the recliner uncomfortable. Plus I no longer consider him safe in it. My daughter and I are taking him out by his hoist and into his wheelchair then the garden.
When this carer works with a male it is 30 mins. When 2 females do it it is 30 mins. When another male and female do it it is 30 mins.So it can be done.
you might have to make another complaint. they obviously cant do the job and has demonstrated unsafe practices so why are they still doing the job that they are obviously not trained for and cant do. seems to be stringing it out. the others manage it so why doesnt this carer? at the end of the day, its your dads care and he is paying for a certain standard. if that is not happening, then the carer should not be coming to your dad. what would happen if a person didnt know how to care and couldnt pick up these anomalies?

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
We had a problem with one carer who always did the Saturday shift. We were paying for a half hour slot and the following should have been done.
Check moms pad
microwave moms meals
Make a cup of tea
Wash up
Thanks to having cctv installed in porch and hallway we were able to see what time carer arrived and left. The average time was 8 minutes (sometimes 4) This also included time opening key safe and unlocking porch then doing the same on the way out.
I contacted the care company and informed them we had proof via video. I also reminded them it was fraud !
The carer was dismissed and we weren’t charged for the calls. Its horrid when you can’t trust those you pay to care. Most of them were wonderful but it only takes one bad apple x x
I have been taking photos of the times and written narrative for months. Yesterday I took a picture of the time they arrived and left. Then put my watch beside it. Maybe I need to get CCTV

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
you might have to make another complaint. they obviously cant do the job and has demonstrated unsafe practices so why are they still doing the job that they are obviously not trained for and cant do. seems to be stringing it out. the others manage it so why doesnt this carer? at the end of the day, its your dads care and he is paying for a certain standard. if that is not happening, then the carer should not be coming to your dad. what would happen if a person didnt know how to care and couldnt pick up these anomalies?
Exactly.Im not back until tomorrow so it will be interesting to see how the mornings went.

Red Shoe

Feb 16, 2022
I have been taking photos of the times and written narrative for months. Yesterday I took a picture of the time they arrived and left. Then put my watch beside it. Maybe I need to get CCTV
Hope you manage to sort. You can also get a nanny cam off Amazon. They are a lot cheaper than cctv. We installed cctv originally to monitor moms night activity. She would sleep most of the day and party all night ?

Jessbow

Mar 1, 2013
Midlands
Hope you manage to sort. You can also get a nanny cam off Amazon. They are a lot cheaper than cctv. We installed cctv originally to monitor moms night activity. She would sleep most of the day and party all night ?
Dont think you are supposed to put CCTV/Nanny cam in bedrooms.
the purpose of the camera should be to monitor dad, NOT the carers.
if you do put something in, it has to be obvious and not covert, and you are aupposed to inform the care company that you have put it in

Red Shoe

Feb 16, 2022
Dont think you are supposed to put CCTV/Nanny cam in bedrooms.
the purpose of the camera should be to monitor dad, NOT the carers.
if you do put something in, it has to be obvious and not covert, and you are aupposed to inform the care company that you have put it in
We informed the care company that there was cctv and the cameras were only installed in the porch, hallway, drive and back garden. No cameras were in bedroom and there was no sound. Three years ago two men forced there way into moms house demanding money for cleaning out the guttering (which they hadn’t). They followed mom into the kitchen and one had a large hammer. They scammed her out of thousands which we found out was being saved in tins all around the house. They then cut the telephone wire so mom couldn’t call the police. Our local press covered it and the police suggested cctv. We consulted them again when the care company were employed and all cameras were legally in the right place. Hope this answers your query x

try again

Jun 21, 2018
If you get no joy with the care company then copy complaint to care quality commission .

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
Complaint gone in with the care company. The main carer only 35 mins today. That's because he had to move more as short staffed being the weekend.

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
I didn't notice until 1/2 half after I arrived here that dad's air flow mattress wasn't on. They are aware to check the wire but not the airflow compressor with lights. Hence dad now has a big red patch on his side that looks like a burn .So could be overnight or just this morning. It feels like I'm in the Muppet show,!