Let down

Julia B

Apr 13, 2015
You are doing great, you are being loving and responsible, and your " friend" really isn't one...I know it feels endless, but you are doing something very few people can actually handle 24/7, and as the wise and wonderful folk on this forum have said we are here for you x

tryingmybest

May 22, 2015
Thank you all so very much for you comments, support and virtual hugs. Thank goodness for people who truly understand. Feeling really down as I so wanted someone to talk to last night and just felt disappointed.

Its hard enough giving up your life in order to care for someone fulltime plus at the moment I've got the wretched Court Of Protection court case going on and on. Had two hearings and got another one coming up. More statements to write, more people visiting my home to see Mum to assess her / question her over and over again/look at her bedroom etc etc. How many people have to look at her bedroom?? Its bizarre. Even the Official Solicitor from the court came on Monday and wanted to see it!! Its never ending. And all because of one insane sibling.

Also lost my dog which has been tough plus my fiancés mum died last week unexpectedly. Im ashamed to say Im struggling to support him through that as I seem to be drowning with it all at the moment plus still cant get my carers allowance sorted so worried about money.

Soz I'm a right moaner today!!!

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Let's hope all the bad stuff is coming at the same time so that, although still sad about your dog and your fiance's mother not to mention your mother's problems, you will soon turn a corner and you will be able to see the sun through the dark clouds. xxx

tryingmybest

May 22, 2015
I keep hoping Saffie!!! Hugs to you too. It always amazes me how everyone is going through so much themselves yet still have time for one another on here. A huge thank you everyone. Xx

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Thank you all so very much for you comments, support and virtual hugs. Thank goodness for people who truly understand. Feeling really down as I so wanted someone to talk to last night and just felt disappointed.

Its hard enough giving up your life in order to care for someone fulltime plus at the moment I've got the wretched Court Of Protection court case going on and on. Had two hearings and got another one coming up. More statements to write, more people visiting my home to see Mum to assess her / question her over and over again/look at her bedroom etc etc. How many people have to look at her bedroom?? Its bizarre. Even the Official Solicitor from the court came on Monday and wanted to see it!! Its never ending. And all because of one insane sibling.

Also lost my dog which has been tough plus my fiancés mum died last week unexpectedly. Im ashamed to say Im struggling to support him through that as I seem to be drowning with it all at the moment plus still cant get my carers allowance sorted so worried about money.

Soz I'm a right moaner today!!!

Good grief!! :eek:
Im not surprised you are struggling what with everything being dumped on you all at once.
Give yourself a break girl - the very fact that you are still upright and posting shows how well you are doing!

Bill Owen

Feb 17, 2014
BRIDGEND
Cwch

both sad and furious last night as i spoke to my friend late last night once mum and fiance were in bed. So needed some support and felt really alone to be told i wasn't helping the situation with mum and was doing too much for her because "with the correct training people with dementia can learn to do more for themselves and can stave off their symptoms"..........really?? Why do well meaning people think they know so much more than those of us who are caring for someone with this disease at home 24/7? Landed up feeling even more alone and drove the car down an isolated track at midnight and cried my heart out listening to the radio for an hour. I crept back in the door, nobody had missed me, and had a troubled restless few hours before getting up to face another day!!

her is a big welsh cwch.be strong it will get better :):)

Vix321

Mar 24, 2015
I'm sorry that happened. It's so sad when you've tried to open up to someone and then not to get the reaction that you would hope for.

Really unhelpful comments from your friend. As someone else said, as your Mum's carer, you've got the best understanding of her needs and what works for her. Very hurtful to not have that respected.

I hope today has been a better day for you.