Length Of Time For Illness

Memori

Sep 22, 2006
Thank you for all the replies, and my sympathies for everyones troubles, I am just begining to see how hard this is, today has been very hard Mum had her door monitor fixed and was very difficult about it, complaining about the noise the man made and that fact that it was her house, she is not like this normaly, I wish I could get her to understand that she has a problem but she cannot see it, and refuses to wear the pendant the man left, my daughter who I am normaly helping is coping as well as she can, and i am having to get my three cats rehomed, because of my own problems it makes everything much more difficult, and now I am worried that if i have to leave early i will set the door alarm off and get a call myself from the call centre, this is one of those situations you have to be in to understand and i am learning fast. please forgive my spelling mistakes.

Margaret W

Apr 28, 2007
North Derbyshire
Advice

Just reading this thread, not sure how threads work, but isn't everybody in the same boat in the end, and isn't everybody so kind.

What is this door panel that has been mentioned?

Mum mum is currently in a secure psychiatrict unit cos she has been going walk-about in the middle of the night. She has various medical problems and it IS possible that she might be able to return home at some stage. So is the door panel something that stops her going out at night? Or does it stop her going out altogether?

At the moment she couldn't go anywhere at all safely, but I am hoping that will change soon.

Advice please.

Love to you all

Margaret

Zadok

Mar 15, 2006
Kent
The door device mum had was a sensor which alerted the call centre that mum had passed through its beam. It was only active between the hours we decided with the man who came to fit it. Then if mum went out of the door and didn't return back through the beam within a few minutes it would alert the call centre. They would speak through the loudspeaker system in the way they do if the emergency call button is pressed and so on. If no-one answered they would ring the contact on their list (ME)
We had all sorts of technology all from the one provider who we were made aware of through social services.
Hope this helps