Legal rights for carers

xXchelleXx

Feb 7, 2016
The home I work in is lovely, the residents are lovely and most of the family members are lovely. I think my question is relating to working rights in the home rather than the carers rights. I'm not good with wording things.

I get paid minimum wage, and I probably could go a good get a higher paid job doing cleaning but I am happy with what I do. I don't mean to offend anyone with what I said regarding I am with them to the end. Without naming my residents that was my example. Maybe I should of worded it better.

I do believe the families who don't visit much are not all to blame, I understand they are guilty or find it hard but you do get the odd one that don't seem to care, I guess that's life. Thankfully most are great and they are so grateful for everything we do for their loved ones.

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
I've read through but I still don't understand your query:confused:

Your working rights are the same as anyone else in employment regarding pay/working conditions/breaks/hours etc

Are you asking if you have any rights regarding relatives who offend you? Who 'put you down'?

fizzie

Jul 20, 2011
Hi there
you might find this useful. The Care Act 2014 will hopefully bring positive changes to service provision. I found this quite useful
http://www.thera.co.uk/data/Care_Act_Factsheet_1_-_Summary.pdf
and if you look on the Carers in Herts website they also have some useful information. Good luck with your NVQ course. It is great to 'meet' someone with such passion for their work and someone who will reach out to find out more information. Well done you.