1. Our next Q&A session is on the topic of Christmas and dementia.This time we want our Q&A to involve our resident experts, you! Share tips and advice on navigating Christmas here in this thread.

Pop by and post your questions or if you prefer you can email your question to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll be happy to ask them on your behalf.

Legal advice received about care funding

Discussion in 'Welcome and how to use Dementia Talking Point' started by Sky2013, Mar 8, 2015.

1. Sky2013

Sky2013 Registered User

Mar 8, 2015
    Apologies if this has been covered in another thread, but I am interested to know if anyone has any information about historic legal advice relating to threshold limits and care funding. I am aware of two instances where solicitors advised families to deplete funds or to stop providing funds in order to keep below the thresholds so that Alzheimer's funding support kicks in. In both of these cases the advice was given in Scotland in the 'noughties' and I am just interested to know if there was a change in funding/policy at this time which led to the advice being given, or if this was/is a "standard approach" by the legal profession.

Any information would be much appreciated.