1. Expert Q&A: Protecting a person with dementia from financial abuse - Weds 26 June, 3:30-4:30 pm

Financial abuse can have serious consequences for a person with dementia. Find out how to protect a person with dementia from financial abuse.

Sam, our Knowledge Officer (Legal and Welfare Rights) is our expert on this topic. She will be here to answer your questions on Wednesday 26 June between 3:30 - 4:30 pm.

You can either post questions >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll answer as many as we can on the day.

leaning to one side after about walking quarter of a mile

Discussion in 'Welcome and how to use Dementia Talking Point' started by cordestarn, Jan 31, 2015.

1. cordestarn

cordestarn Registered User

Dec 14, 2014
    Hello I have been a carer for my wife for the last six , years a problem which has started is that she leans badly to one side giving her great pain....is this caused by alzhiemers.....we used to walk a lot over the years .......

2. marionq

marionq Registered User

Apr 24, 2013
    Female
    Scotland
    John and I have always been keen walkers but this is now limited to a mile. His knee is bad and this combined with Alzheimers is causing him to lurch against me half way through our walk. This week he has been given two sticks for support and a three wheeler walker so we are trying both to see if they help.

3. Tin

Tin Registered User

May 18, 2014
    UK
    Check out to see if it is constipation or uncommon side effect to any medication your wife may be taking first. My mum sometimes leans to one side and it is usually because of constipation.