Latest Possible Announcements

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
I suspect the announcement of 'freedom day'.
Doesn't matter if people catch coronovirus as long as they don't become hospitalised, extra load on GPs irrelevant.

Or it could be the care act outlining PCT>>>CCG>>>ICS!

northumbrian_k

Volunteer Host
Mar 2, 2017
Newcastle
I suspect the former @nitram Paradoxically the small freedoms that I have been enjoying such as going to pubs under controlled conditions are likely to seem less attractive once the melee restarts. As for reforms, I saw plenty of those in my long health service career. I am not sure that any were an improvement on the previous one.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Final restrictions could go except I want to with them for the moment.

MaNaAk
with the delta variant rising quite a lot, they dont know if the vaccine will stop the spread of it or how serious it can be if you catch it. they have already seen big rises with football. duchess of cambridge has has to self-isolate as she has been in contact with some testing positive probably wimbledon. we are going to have to mix at one point but when is the difficult answer. with or without masks?

nita

Dec 30, 2011
Essex
I am now worried about travelling on public transport. A man got on the bus the other day and said "I don't know why I'm wearing a mask as I've had both vaccinations!" and promptly took it off. Doesn't he know that you wear a mask to protect others not just yourself?

I worry about this now being a "personal" responsibility instead of a social one.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
I am now worried about travelling on public transport. A man got on the bus the other day and said "I don't know why I'm wearing a mask as I've had both vaccinations!" and promptly took it off. Doesn't he know that you wear a mask to protect others not just yourself?

I worry about this now being a "personal" responsibility instead of a social one.
Same here. I feel so sorry for bus drivers.

MaNaAk

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Hello Everyone.

What do you think of the latest possible announcements?

MaNaAk

There's a definite announcement:

CORONAVIRUS UPDATE: 127. CORONAVIRUS UPDATE: 05/07/2021
BBC News Special
05 Jul 2021 - 4:45pm - 6:00pm
BBC 1 and News Channel

SUMMARY
The latest on coronavirus, including a Downing Street briefing led by the prime minister.

Jaded'n'faded

Jan 23, 2019
High Peak
Having the vaccinations may well stop you catching the virus (I sincerely hope so!) or getting ill with it but I don't see it entirely stops you spreading it. Think back to the start of the pandemic when we were all wiping our groceries and anything we touched. Does anyone do that now? If you touch an infected surface you will still be spreading it around, vaccine or not!

There seems to be a sea change in the official thinking, a move towards 'everyone has been vaccinated so now we just have to live with covid much like we live with flu.'

So of course it will still spread - it's a air-borne virus so how can it not?

It would be nice to get rid of masks and see people smiling again though. (Not sure that will happen anytime soon.)

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Vaccinated people can still have a mild or asymptotic infection and be infectious.

All the time the virus is spreading it is capable of mutating or producing a variant , in under 2 years the virus has done a fairly good job of evolving, we have to hope that the vaccines continue to be effective.

Flu vaccines are tweaked every year.

nita

Dec 30, 2011
Essex
Just watching it now. As expected, restrictions are being lifted. What about vulnerable people - they'll have to stay in.

nita

Dec 30, 2011
Essex
There is still a get out clause though:-

From the Telegraph:-

And then there’s the dreaded data. The note sent to journalists in advance of today’s meeting makes clear nothing will really be decided today at all. Step four is “expected to begin” on July 19, but only if the government's “four tests” for easing restrictions have been met. “This will be confirmed on Monday July 12 following a review of the latest data,” it pointedly adds.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
I'm just reading about 135 new cases in my area and what with two isolating pupils I am definitely carrying on!

MaNaAk

Jaded'n'faded

Jan 23, 2019
High Peak
Having the vaccinations may well stop you catching the virus (I sincerely hope so!) or getting ill with it but I don't see it entirely stops you spreading it. Think back to the start of the pandemic when we were all wiping our groceries and anything we touched. Does anyone do that now? If you touch an infected surface you will still be spreading it around, vaccine or not!

There seems to be a sea change in the official thinking, a move towards 'everyone has been vaccinated so now we just have to live with covid much like we live with flu.'

So of course it will still spread - it's an air-borne virus so how can it not?

It would be nice to get rid of masks and see people smiling again though. (Not sure that will happen anytime soon.)