last days?

scaredinbda

Feb 19, 2020
My mom has not eaten or drank for 4 days now, the nurse says she isnt urinating or having a bowel movement either. They have not said it is her last days, but i am wondering if i should be at her side. they did say Sunday, yesterday, that we should let anyone know who wants to see her, that they should come then. I dont know what i am asking, i believe she is on her last. The docs want to have a meeting with us today.
she was just diagnosed with Vascular Dementia a few weeks ago after suffering a stroke in November. so all this seems to be happening really fast.

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland
I wish you strength at this difficult time.

Unfortunately these things don't go by a set timetable or formula. Please keep posting as you need as you will get support here.

scaredinbda

Feb 19, 2020
Thank you so much, this forum has been so much help to me. Seeing others go through the same/similar things helps me to understand better. Docs dont seem to always tell you everything.

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
Hi, @scaredinbda
A tough time for you all

Staff can be wary of how much they say to family as some family don't want to be told... You say you have a meeting, let them know that you personally want to know as much as possible and would rather be told exactly what they think is happening, that way any staff know where you stand... and ask any questions you have, don't worry whether you think they are silly ones, you are concerned and deserve answers... though of course each individual follows their own course

What they have said is significant... be with your mom, you won't regret any time you spend with her

EpgLondon

Feb 24, 2020
My mom has not eaten or drank for 4 days now, the nurse says she isnt urinating or having a bowel movement either. They have not said it is her last days, but i am wondering if i should be at her side. they did say Sunday, yesterday, that we should let anyone know who wants to see her, that they should come then. I dont know what i am asking, i believe she is on her last. The docs want to have a meeting with us today.
she was just diagnosed with Vascular Dementia a few weeks ago after suffering a stroke in November. so all this seems to be happening really fast.

Such a difficult and confusing time for you. It was the same with my Dad. Once he stopped eating and drinking we just spent as much time as we could with him. If it helps, my experience of the last few days was the most peaceful time we had with Dad and looking back now I think it really helped me come to terms with what was happening.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
they did say Sunday, yesterday, that we should let anyone know who wants to see her, that they should come then.
I do think this is significant.
Im hoping that by now you have seen the doctors and have some answers.
Please continue posting and we can help you through this difficult time.