1. Expert Q&A: Benefits - Weds 23 October, 3-4pm

Our next expert Q&A will be on the topic of benefits. It will be hosted by Lauren from our Knowledge Services team. She'll be answering your questions on Wednesday 23 October between 3-4pm.

You can either post your question >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll be happy to ask them on your behalf.

Large Care Home Provider Still Playing Up!

Discussion in 'Legal and financial issues' started by Pete R, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Pete R

Pete R Registered User

Jul 26, 2014
    Staffs
    I had to move my Mom this week from her NH as the provider was ceasing Nursing care. The move went better than expected and Mom is fine.

I am contracted with them to pay the top up, which I have always paid. They sent me a bill for the whole of March which they admit is wrong and should be only for the days Mom was resident. I am awaiting the amended bill.

I asked the old provider to send a cheque with the outstanding balance of Mom's personal allowance, around £250, which they hold in a bank account.

They have refused stating they are keeping it till I pay the final top up fee.:eek:

I have told them that even if I do not pay the top up, and I fully intend to, that they cannot use Mom's money instead.

The B@#####@S wont budge. :mad: