Landline Telephone

MissLittle

Jan 15, 2018
I have just cancelled my mums contract with TalkTalk as the internet has not worked for a long time and I have spent hours on the phone with them trying to sort it out - without success.

I am now looking at putting just a landline phone in - I have managed to find one through a companu called Simple.

Has anyone had experience of using this company - or can anyone recommend any other that just does Landlines at a reasonable rate

thanks for any help

This is my first post - think I might have put it on the wrong thing - sorry

RosettaT

Sep 9, 2018
Mid Lincs
I assume you already have a land line and are looking for a call provider? I've not heard of Simple but they look reasonable according to their website and are especially for the elderly and dementia customers. They have a range of call packages too and a bonus of having the bill sent to a relative.
I may look into them when my contract is up.

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
Hello @MissLittle and welcome to DTP
I’m afraid I’ve no experience of your problem but wanted to welcome you to the forum it’s a very supportive and friendly forum I hope you will continue to post now you have posted your own thread.

AliceA

May 27, 2016
I looked at Simple but I needed more than a landline. They will instal in a carehome as many have telephone points in rooms. They suggested I looked at EE for internet without an EE phone.
I liked the simplicity of Simple so I was quite tempted. Some contracts are so complicated.

Lynmax

Nov 1, 2016
I know we cannot post links to specific companies on here but when I googled Simple, I could only find an American phone company or one for business lines only. I'm interested in adding broadband to mums house so we can get a door bell phone to check who is calling so am looking at her existing landline provider, Virgin as part of her TV package and other providers.

I need to work out where the router will go so that mum cannot see the lights as she would fret about them so I'm not sure that a Virgin one next to the TV is ideal.

Could someone send me a private message with more info or a website address for Simple please?

Mum is getting repeated visits to her house from a man wanting money for a sick relative! He called tonight when my brother was there and got shortvshrift but from things mum has been saying recently, it's not the first visit. The man also knew about mums habit of popping to a local shop daily ( where she gets cash out!) which really worries us. We do not want to take her bank card away as mum is still able to use it to pay for her shopping and she is not aware that we have registered the LPA with her bank - we need to monitor her habit of setting up direct debits for random things and also to move a huge sum of money out of her current account just in case of a scammer gaining access.

I hate this evil people who prey upon vulnerable people.