1. Expert Q&A: Benefits - Weds 23 October, 3-4pm

Our next expert Q&A will be on the topic of benefits. It will be hosted by Lauren from our Knowledge Services team. She'll be answering your questions on Wednesday 23 October between 3-4pm.

You can either post your question >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll be happy to ask them on your behalf.

1. lake como

lake como Registered User

Aug 17, 2014
    Leicestershire
    Looking for respite care in my mums own home so i can rest after 9yrs of care not done this befor any help out there with were to look for this type of care
    thank you I know you all care just so down with it all

2. Bod

Bod Registered User

Aug 30, 2013
    Ask around for recommendations, for companies that do live in care, many will do short term contracts, 2-12 weeks, sometimes 1 carer, sometime a small team on a rotating basis.

Bod

3. LYN T

LYN T Registered User

Aug 30, 2012
    Brixham Devon
    Hi Lake Como-well you do sound very down-not at all surprising. Does your Mum have any input from a SW or CPN? They could be a good source of info. Also have you thought about respite care in a CH for your Mum-perhaps a few days, or a week? Then you would have a thorough rest.

Take care

Lyn T XX

4. lake como

lake como Registered User

Aug 17, 2014
    Leicestershire
    thank you bod & Lyn T Lyn counld you tell wot SWand CPN stand for and yes Im very down in a lot of pain with osteoporosis but as you know carers have to go on with carering off to sleep at mums as I do at night for the last 9yrs as mum is deaf good wishs to all carers and good night take carer

5. Bod

Bod Registered User

Aug 30, 2013
    SW= Social worker
    CPN= Community Psychiatric Nurse

Bod