Ladies and gentlemen: may I introduce you to your "ignore list"

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Grannie G said:
All it needs is one of the beautiful hats from the Tea Room.

P.S. This is better than Coronation Street.

I think a bobble hat would be more appropriate!

(I'm watching both)

daughter

Mar 16, 2005
I hope the colours are correct Sylvia?! :)

Attachments

• Cave Troll Final Small.jpg
    Cave Troll Final Small.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 513
Last edited:

sue38

Mar 6, 2007
Wigan, Lancs
Tender Face said:
How desperately sad a situation is this?

:confused: Karen, x

I am usually all for standing up to bullies. But I think in this case, where someone is trying to provoke a reaction, Jennifer's suggestion of treating them like an attention seeking 2 year old, is spot on.

Sue

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Agree Sue ... but when you're 'bullied out' .... and have nothing left .... feel like you're going under ... got no energy left to react ..... come to TP for some solace ..... and some of those virtual hugs which have kept me going for so long now ...

It's sadder than sad .....

Most of all, I'm sad for any newer members to TP .....

Saddest of all, I feel sadder for the poster than I do for myself or anyone else here ......

Karen, x

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
I do love this post

Gormit

Sending you all many, many, many, virtual hugs and virtual cups of tea, and virtual G&Ts and virtuals wines. And virtually anything else that we all love!!!

PS where my Virtual chocolate

Last edited:

Grommit

Apr 26, 2006
Doncaster
Bit late I know, but harking back to the original post, who could possible ignore such lovely, interesting, remarkable people as yourselves?

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Well tish tosh Hazel (Daughter) : you stole my thunder. I was going to put a bobble hat on the troll but you got there first! Actually you made a better job of it, so thank you. I just love it :D

Jennifer

P.S. The main difference between the troll and me is that my nails aren't so long as I've been gardening! Also, I drool more :D (particularly before I've had enough coffee)

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Gosh this way I am going to lose a lot of Weight eating a virtual chocs thanks gromit , as I bet soon we shall be traveling weight less all together into the tea room if a moderator come along lol

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
Hiya all,
Thanks for making us aware of the Ignore function Jennifer - I didnt know about it.
I have moved this thread here, as not convinced where it should be. Just a little concerned about effect on new members.
But, as Brucie is away, there is a little confusion amongst the mods - so me being me thought "Oh well, I'll do it" - can only do what I believe to be right!! But if I have got it wrong - it may well move again!!
Love Helen

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Thanks, Helen. I can understand your motives for moving the thread, I would hate new members to think that that is how we treat all 'new' members.

I think it should be stressed that we do not believe that the person concerned was in fact a new member, but rather someone who has been rude and aggressive to members in the past, and has been banned for it.

In the circumstances, I think it was healthy for us to express our feelings in the way we did, even if not very caring. Again, let me stress that we had already tried the 'caring' approach, and been ridiculed for it.

So yes, I think you were right to move the thread, but I would hate for anyone to be made to feel guilty for trying to find humour in a potentially damaging situation. After all, that's what we're good at!

Love,

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
Hiya Hazel,
Be assured no-one is trying to make anyone feel guilty!!
Love Helen