Ladies and gentlemen: may I introduce you to your "ignore list"

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Apropos of absolutely nothing :D are you all aware that the Talking Point has an ignore list feature? Specifically, if you click on a user name, you are given the option to add that user to your ignore list. From then on you will not see any of that users posts. The procedure is: click on "username", click on Add "username" to your ignore list (it's on the right in the darker red heading box)

Jennifer

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Well, when you start posting and nobody answers, I suppose :) You have nothing to worry about Becky Jan :D

Jennifer
PS To ammend my above instructions, depending on where you are, you may have to click view public profile first.

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Trouble with that is, I'm too nosy!!!:eek:

If I see people replying to an unpleasant post, I just have to read the original post!

The other problem is that, while we can ignore people who try to stir, newcomers to the forum, and 'guests', may get the wrong impression of the forum.

Or perhaps that's the idea. Has anyone else been watching in amazement the daily growth of the forum? Can't think why anyone would want to discredit us, though. As I see it, all that is being discredited is the Fight the Bureaucracy campaign. I for one am becoming less and less likely to join it.

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
It's true, but you can always take them off the ignore list to see what's going on. It has been my experience on other boards that trolls lose interest when they are "shouting in the darkness", but everyone has to do what they feel comfortable with, of course.

Love

Jennifer

Gromit

Apr 3, 2006
Edinburgh
Strange how the person posting the Fight the Beaurocracy Campaign would appear to have many of the qualities of a beaurocrat!:eek:

Apols but just had to chip in. Shouldn't get drawn on this really - but heck - couldn't help myself.

Sending you all many, many, many, virtual hugs and virtual cups of tea, and virtual G&Ts and virtuals wines. And virtually anything else that we all love!!!

(Hubby has informed me he was given 3 bottles of wine from BA today and is bringing them home - happy to share with you all - virtually of course!):p

Love
Alison
x

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Gromit said:
Apols but just had to chip in. Shouldn't get drawn on this really - but heck - couldn't help myself.

Why on earth not? You're on of us. (Unless you find us too saccharine, that is).

Thanks for the virtual hugs, and especially for the virtual wine.

Love,

Gromit

Apr 3, 2006
Edinburgh
Skye said:
(Unless you find us too saccharine, that is).

Definitely not!!! Had to giggle at that though when I first saw it - its just sooo silly and doesn't fit the ethos of all those geniune contributors to TP. Rather it just reflects badly on the disgruntled initiator of the comments.

I love being on TP.

Alison
x

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Generally, the best advice for ticking off trolls, if you can't bring yourself to ignore them, is to talk about them rather than to them. Since we're a bunch of saccarine people, overly solicitous posts regarding their well-being can be effective as well. Imagine you're talking to a 2year old in a tantrum and you'll get the right tone :D

Natashalou

Mar 22, 2007
london
giggles

jenniferpa said:
Generally, the best advice for ticking off trolls, if you can't bring yourself to ignore them, is to talk about them rather than to them. Since we're a bunch of saccarine people, overly solicitous posts regarding their well-being can be effective as well. Imagine you're talking to a 2year old in a tantrum and you'll get the right tone :D

I cant help giggling coz all I think of is those cute little guys with the long hair!!

Attachments

• troll.jpg
    troll.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 743

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
I'm thinking more like this

Attachments

• Cave Troll Final Small.jpg
    Cave Troll Final Small.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 573

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
THAT HAS REALLY MADE MY EVENING. (GIGGLING OVER MY WINE!!!!!) Can we now have portraits to prove/or disprove the likenes?
Wonderful
Beckyjan

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
All it needs is one of the beautiful hats from the Tea Room.

P.S. This is better than Coronation Street.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JanetR