Ladies and gentlemen: may I introduce you to your "ignore list"

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Well, I started the thread, and I seriously wondered at the time if it should be where it has finally ended up: it is, after all, clearly "how to use the discussion board". I put it in the main forum because I felt that it needed to be seen, but I would agree that it has now served its purpose. I do, however, reserve the right to start a new one should the need arise!

Love
Jennifer

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
I feel we are nearly back to the ‘thread which shall remain unnamed’ ….

Those people who were so ‘anti’ the humour and camaraderie exhibited on more appropriate threads (as opposed to ‘hijacking’ very serious threads posted by new or existing or long term members to fulfil their personal needs ) are now not only turning TP into a Chat Room …. but adopting a royal ‘we’ attitude …. displaying exactly the behaviour on the forum they were so critical of …… but for some reason, without the public condemnation levelled at other members …… ?????

TP has changed - IMHO - for very much for the worse in the last few months … I have tried very hard in spite of ridicule, barely disguised personal ‘swipes’ , to continue to contribute … but have reached the sad conclusion I can no longer offer anything to it ……

I will, as always, offer Bruce my humble and hopefully constructive and objective observations …… and wish the best to TP …… and no doubt check in to read occasionally ……I am sure it will continue to thrive - probably far better without me breathing fire every now and again ……

The forum to me has previously thrived on the diversity of its membership - not the exclusivity and monopoly being purported of late …….

With grateful thanks to everyone who (probably often without realising) has helped, advised and supported me through some very difficult times so far. I will take your wisdom forward on the next stages of my personal journey.

The ending of my relationship with TP has been a 'long goodbye' in its own way - but I am battle weary of the barely disguised power struggles within the membership itself when I have far more important personal battles to face on both practical and emotional levels ......

How sad, Karen, x

maria29al

Mar 15, 2006
Warwickshire
I HAVE JUST COME ACROSS THIS THREAD AND I AM DISGUSTED BY IT.....BULLYING AT ITS BEST/WORST??...i WILL NOT BE POSTING ON TP AGAIN UNLESS THIS NASTINESS IS SORTED OUT IN THE SAME WAY THAT THE "PARTY" WAS DEALT WITH.

M

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Karen, I simply don't know what to say. There is no way I would have wished to offend you (or in fact any other contributor). As the initiator of this thread, I felt that it was an important message to get out: if you come across a poster who's only aim appears to put down other memebers, and their posts irritate you to the nth degree, it is possible to change the settings so that you simply don't "see" that poster. It's a setting I've never had occasion to use on this board, but I'm afraid tolls do occasionally hit all boards, although there are far fewer on a board such as this.

I am distressed that a well-meaning post on my part could have caused you such distress, and I apologise unreservedly.

Jennifer

Áine

Feb 22, 2006
sort of north east ish
It looks as though this thread has started to run away with itself a bit, as these things sometimes do. The hosts who are online at the moment are concerned that it doesn't develop into a situation where people end up getting hurt. We therefore respectfully request that members leave the thread to cool off for a while before posting again on it.

Norman

Oct 9, 2003
Birmingham Hades
This is the part of Kareen's post which causes me most concern.
It is a very sad post and it does our PR no favours.
Norman

TP has changed - IMHO - for very much for the worse in the last few months … I have tried very hard in spite of ridicule, barely disguised personal ‘swipes’ , to continue to contribute … but have reached the sad conclusion I can no longer offer anything to it ……

I will, as always, offer Bruce my humble and hopefully constructive and objective observations …… and wish the best to TP …… and no doubt check in to read occasionally ……I am sure it will continue to thrive - probably far better without me breathing fire every now and again ……

The forum to me has previously thrived on the diversity of its membership - not the exclusivity and monopoly being purported of late …….

Cate

Jul 2, 2006
Newport, Gwent
This is all so very sad indeed. After the last ‘unpleasant’ round of posts I promised myself I wouldn’t get involved again, and do as I do when a programme is on t.v. that I don’t agree with, or find distasteful, I exercise my right to reach for the off button.

However, I have thought about this long and hard, and forgive me if I waffle attempting to get my thoughts down.

We are all here because of AD, be it as a sufferer, carer, or lost someone to this dreadful disease. In our own way, we are reaching out to others in the same situation. Sometimes looking for a ‘virtual’ hug, support, advice, giving support, letting of steam when totally frustrated with our situation, or simply to share a joke in the attempt to brighten someone’s day. We do what we can for each other.

Yes there are times when we get it wrong, we are all only human, we can appear insensitive, not share the same opinion etc., etc., etc., but I believe that we should, within the boundaries set by the mods be allowed an opinion, and be allowed to disagree with that opinion……………. In the nicest possible way, and even then, folk will get it wrong, but for this we have the mods.

This thread, I’m sure started of well intentioned, but I think it has taken a very wrong direction.

Kaz, you are a totally valued member of TP, I think I have an idea where you are coming from on this, but please, from the bottom of my heart, hang on in there with us. Your knowledge, sympathy, empathy and humour would be so very sadly missed.

Life is hard enough for us all - PLEASE BE NICE TO EACH OTHER

mel

Apr 30, 2006
Sheffield
Hi Cate
How I agree.....
Life is hard enough for most people who come to this forum......
please....lets just get back to the lovely TP family we know we're all a part of eh?;)
lots of love to all of you
Wendy xx

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
I'm confused

What did I miss?:confused: I really thought Jennifer was pointing out in a very nice way how individuals may ignore posters they don't care for. I'm terminally nosy so I probably wouldn't do that but I can see how some people might prefer to do so.

Karen, we NEED our fire breathing dragon, if only to give us a good kick up the backside now and again. What's life without a little strenous debating? As long as we air our views (reasonably civilly) and in the end agree to disagree, we're good. We do not need a consensus here, folks. This is about individual opinions and YES, we will always have people with opposing thoughts. That's life.

If anybody wants to let off steam & send me a nasty PM, I'm up for it!!:)

alex

Apr 10, 2006
think it would be terrible to lose either of them :confused: :confused: :confused:
I have to agree with what deborah says................ Karen, Maria.........i for one would miss you both, we're interested in your opinions and views, so why deprive us????, having different views is what makes TP interesting...............come-on girls, its dark enough on this road, so don't put the light out!!!:D ;)

Love Alex xxxxxxxxxx

maria29al

Mar 15, 2006
Warwickshire
Thanks Alex,

I appreciate your comment.

I dont want to stop posting on here.

I felt this thread was going down the wrong road and wanted to say so.

M

alex

Apr 10, 2006
To Karen

Bit of blackmail works wonders!;) .............just wanted to tell you that your not the only poet around here!

Here's to you and here's to me,
I hope we never disagree,
But if by chance we ever do,
Then here's to me and to hell with you!:D :D :D :D ;) :p

Welcome back honey............even if it is only for birthdays!:cool:

alex

Apr 10, 2006
Hiya Maria

Its lovely to see you back honey, its good to say what you think, everyone has different veiws, but we're all in this together, so please keep posting.

Love Alex x