Laddo

sammyb

Sep 19, 2007
Nottingham
My laddo has gone. He died in the early hours of this morning. He was 66. I wasn't with him at the very end. 15 minutes beforehand I was, but not at the end. You will remember that he has laid all the time in a darkened room. Yesterday he asked for the curtains to be drawn back, the window opened and then he got out of bed and walked round the bed unaided - to my horror I have to say. If I may I will talk with you soon even though I will no longer have someone with AD because you have been the most amazing support I could ever have.

love from sammyb

twinone

May 19, 2008
england
Hi Sammy

Please accept my condolences on the loss of your laddo.

Take care of yourself at this time of grieving.

Lots of love
Janet

julieann15

Jun 13, 2008
Leicestershire
Sammy
So very sorry to hear that your laddo has passed on. Our thoughts are with you and your family at this difficult time.

Julie and Ian xx

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Oh dear Sammy - I am so sorry to hear this. You knew it was to come, but the distress must still be with you. You have been one very special lady.

My deepest sympathies. Love Jan

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Oh sammy love, how heartbreaking for you.

Even though you were trying to prepare yourself for what was coming, I know that deep down you never can.

May God's blessings be now with you both. Laddo for peace, you for the strength to face the future. Love n'hugs.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Sammy

I am so sorry. Please accept my deepest sympathy and sincere condolences.

You may no longer have someone with AD but you will always be a part of TP. You have shared your Laddo with us and it has been a privilege.

With love xx

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Dear Sammy

I'm so sorry. Your love for laddo has been clear in every post, and this is so sad for you.

My love and prayers for you both. Please talk to us whenever you feel able, you have so many friends here.

Lynne

Jun 3, 2005
Suffolk,England
Dear Sammy

I'm so sorry ...

I have read many times, here & elsewhere, that loved ones seem almost to wait for the few moments when they are alone to leave, and have experienced it with my Mum's younger sister. Do you have someone who can keep you company during the next few days? You know TP will be here for you.

Attachments

• Group Hug.gif
    Group Hug.gif
    19.1 KB · Views: 274

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Sammy...

I'm sorry Laddo has left you...

It's incredible that he got out of bed and walked and looked at the day....take comfort in that..and the fact that you loved and cared for him.

Please stay with us on TP if you feel you can...you'll always be part of the family here...

My sincere condolences....

Love gigi xx

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
So sorry Sammy. Sounds as though your laddo was preparing yesterday to say goodbye.
There are many of us here who nolonger have someone to care for with dementia, but we still have a place.
Thinking of you.
Love Helen

sue38

Mar 6, 2007
Wigan, Lancs
Dear Sammy,

I am so sorry that you have lost your laddo. I, for one, feel very privileged that you have shared your last days with him with us on TP.

My thoughts are with you.

Much love,

christine_batch

Jul 31, 2007
Buckinghamshire
Another Angel in Heaven

Dear Sammy,

I am so very sorry about the loss of your beloved Laddo.

May you be granted the strength to get you through the coming days.

Love from
Christine

JPG1

Account Closed
Jul 16, 2008
Sammy,

You were there with your laddo, you were there. And he knew you were. Every single inch of the way.

We are thinking of you, as we were before.